Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread

Weekly Challange #612 Into your vault.
Posted By: gump, 04-27-2023, 06:38 AM

Weekly Challenge #612, into your vault

Thanks to Vaskebgorn for hosting Challenge # 611. I appreciate and am a bit humbled by being chosen, or a least my photo was, and also the number of you who took the time to "like" it. it suggests I may have learned something in the past few years. With that in mind my theme for this challenge is into your vault. Go back to your early days with Pentax and reevaluate a photo you have never posted or have posted and are less than happy you did and process it again if you wish. Although I started taking snaps in the late 50s when my parents turned me loose with a camera, I got my K-70 in 2018 and the example photo is from about six months later when I began to understand what I was doing.

This challenge will end on May 4, midnight US eastern daylight time.

Rules:
1. Post ONE photo.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme.
3. Post your single picture in this thread and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme (especially if it's not obvious).
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and choose one of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. This challenge runs for 7 days plus an additional day for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any Pentax or Ricoh camera can be used.
8. Pictures can be from any time frame, not just within the week of the current theme.
9. In case the winner of a challenge is unable to become the judge for the next challenge, they will PM the #2 winner for that person to be the judge.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 1,099
04-29-2023, 11:59 AM - 3 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
By no means the oldest - I started with a K-1000 but this is one of the first digital pics. A Pentax K-r shot from May 2011, using the DA 55-300mm lens and brought into the realm of acceptability with Topaz.

Last edited by jacamar; 04-30-2023 at 06:05 AM.
04-29-2023, 11:07 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My first foray into the Pentax world was with the K-7 which was purchased just prior to a trip to New Zealand. I first became aware of the power of the camera with this shot, hand held at 1/5 of a second with the 18-55 kit lens, in almost total darkness.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Last edited by Bruce Clark; 04-29-2023 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typo
05-05-2023, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
As hardly a day goes by without a posting here or elsewhere about the NEXT Pentax camera. You all made a statement about, it ain't the camera, it's the glass, or the photographer, or whatever. These are all wonderful images but I will not talk about how difficult this was to judge. Did I just do that? Anyway, I trust you realize that the choosing is just subjective as frankly I care very little if an image is soft in the corners or the other attributes that the You Tube vloggers talk about. Sort of like wine, if you like it, it is good.

Of particular note are the photos of jcdoss, atupdate, and Vaskebgorn. Also, Rod_Grant, although cute kids should have their own category. I have chosen Uncle Vanya's "bottles" as the winner. It grabbed my attention at first and continued to do so every time I looked at all the submissions. Thanks to all.

Andy
05-05-2023, 03:22 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Way to go Brad, and thanks gump for hosting and the unenviable task of judging. See you all next week!

05-05-2023, 06:31 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great challenge and judging! Congrats to UncleVanya for well deserved victory. I really like those color bottles and the plastic fantastic DA 35/2.4. Waitig for the next challenge.
05-05-2023, 03:00 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

New contest is up:
#613 Good Photo, Bad Lens... - PentaxForums.com