Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
PROJECT 52-11-64-(Supplementary) NECESSARY THINGS-Transport
Posted By: noelcmn, 11-27-2023, 05:39 AM

Welcome to the 11th edition of Project 52. I have participated in a few Project 52 kind of thing and there are plenty out there. One of the many aspects that have come to the fore is the value of participating, one of them being how much you learn-about technique, out of the box thinking, getting to know your camera's potential and a host of other values. WHY NOT JOIN THE PROJECT! Besides some discipline, there is not much else required except if you are chosen the winner, in which case you judge the next weeks challenge.

Themes covered will include but not limited to:
Colour
Architecture
DOF
Focus
Exposure
Landscape
Lighting
Perspective
Shutter
Subject- Multi-subject challenge
People
Ideas
Shapes
Home
Animals
Seasonal
Leisure

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be to have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore. The theme/sub-concepts are chosen by the facilitator every week. You are only
required to submit a photo taken during the week of the challenge.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-11 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed. Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera. And we will include images taken with phones as well.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging. It is up to the discretion of the current week's
Judge to accept or decline early/late entries i.e. a day earlier or a day late. Usually there is some flexibility here to allow as many entrants as possible. BUT
PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES TAKEN DAYS OR WEEKS OUTSIDE THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE. TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
TO THE TIME FRAME. SOME FLEXIBILITY IS ALLOWED (after all life comes before photography) FOR OUT OF DATE/LATE SUBMISSIONS.
8. Additional images are welcome, but please keep them to a minimum. If more than one image is posted, make sure you identify your entry for the challenge.
Additional images should also please comply with rule 1 and rule 7.
9. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. By default, attached photos will be shown below your message
Click on the button below to upload
10. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next weeks Project 52-11 and may not participate in the current challenge.
11. The host/facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.

This is a supplementary contest, or "unofficial" Project 52-11 challenge, seeing that we have reached Week 52 of Project 52-11. This will run until the end of December 2023, to enable Project 52-12 to commence at the beginning of 2024. These supplementary challenged will include various themes, sub-themes and/or random subjects.
As usual, Project 52 is presented as a challenge to learn, develop and challenge yourself in your photography skills. It will folllow the usual format as far as Judging, time frames etc. Your participation is much appreciated.

Necessary things for the next few weeks, as we draw to a close this year's Project 52-11. We start with Transport, so mucha part of life, work, leisure, travel. Anything goes for this theme.

Web ideas here: https://annemckinnell.com/2016/03/24/how-to-photograph-modes-of-transportation/

Ideas here too: Minimalism in Photography - Vehicles & Transportation | Martin Vorel Photography

And here: Tips and Tricks for Photographing Transportation

THE CHALLENGE RUNS FROM 27 NOVEMBER - 3 DECEMBER 2023 AND CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT IN YOUR TIME ZONE ON THE LAST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE

And still hoping for a facilitator/host for PROJECT 52-12 for 2024!

2 Examples from my collection

Read more at: PROJECT 52-11-63(Supplemetary) RANDOM SUBJECT - TECHNOLOGY - PentaxForums.com
Views: 576
11-30-2023, 09:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A two tot transporter. Seen at the Western Carolina Nature Center yesterday.

K100D/Promaster AF 28-200
12-02-2023, 11:20 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Looks like judging might be really easy this week. I haven't exactly been out taking much for photos either though.
Kristian
12-03-2023, 03:57 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I won't make the judging hard but will participate wit this :
YAKP1408Frodo

12-03-2023, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Not really concentrated on this challenge this week, it has been a busy week. This will have to do!
12-04-2023, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Challenge closed, now over to Turbo_bird to do the Judging exercise for us! Thanks all for your participation.

Next Challenge is here: Project 52-11-65 (Supplementary) NECESSARY THINGS - Food - PentaxForums.com
12-04-2023, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to give the win to Yaki on this one. Sharp focus on the headlight with the rest fading into the distance, Not necessarily a really special car, but representative of what most people actually could get by with for daily transportation, not the huge behemoth SUVs carrying a single person I see so often here in Canada. It doesn't hurt that I also drive a focus, but it isn't as nice as that one. I noticed your license plate frame says Bulgaria, the lathe I posted the photo of last week is also from there. The brand is Sofia, and my daughter thought that was pretty cool, because her name is Sophia.
There's nothing wrong with the other two entries, but Yaki's Focus seems representative of people's daily transportation needs.
Kristian

12-05-2023, 04:46 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by turbo_bird Quote
I'm going to give the win to Yaki on this one. Sharp focus on the headlight with the rest fading into the distance, Not necessarily a really special car, but representative of what most people actually could get by with for daily transportation, not the huge behemoth SUVs carrying a single person I see so often here in Canada. It doesn't hurt that I also drive a focus, but it isn't as nice as that one. I noticed your license plate frame says Bulgaria, the lathe I posted the photo of last week is also from there. The brand is Sofia, and my daughter thought that was pretty cool, because her name is Sophia.
There's nothing wrong with the other two entries, but Yaki's Focus seems representative of people's daily transportation needs.
Kristian
Thank you very much Kristian!
This car is the reason for my passion to photography and few years later for joining Pentax community. Everything started with a photo contest for a calendar in Bulgarian Ford forum in 2010th year. My first submission of picture of the Sam Focus unexpectedly won. Then I started learning how to make better photos and it continues. This picture is taken in the city of Sofia and I am so glad you know about it. And this beautiful name means wisdom. I suppose you know 😀.
12-05-2023, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Yaki.
12-05-2023, 02:12 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by djb47 Quote
Congratulations Yaki.
Thanks 😊
12-05-2023, 06:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
Thank you very much Kristian!
This car is the reason for my passion to photography and few years later for joining Pentax community. Everything started with a photo contest for a calendar in Bulgarian Ford forum in 2010th year. My first submission of picture of the Sam Focus unexpectedly won. Then I started learning how to make better photos and it continues. This picture is taken in the city of Sofia and I am so glad you know about it. And this beautiful name means wisdom. I suppose you know 😀.
That's cool that your car is what got you into photography. Cars have sort of gotten me into doing more stuff too, after someone saw my photos on Facebook and I was asked to do car show photography for them. I don't really know much about Bulgaria, other than it was part of the Soviet Union and had a decent amount of industrial manufacturing. I didn't know Sofia means wisdom either, it was just one of the names my wife had on a list that seemed like a good one. Hopefully she lives up to the meaning.
Kristian
12-06-2023, 10:26 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Congrats Yaki! Thanks Turbo_bird for doing the honors!