Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52-11-65 (Supplementary) NECESSARY THINGS - Food
Posted By: noelcmn, 12-04-2023, 05:03 AM

Welcome to the 11th edition of Project 52. I have participated in a few Project 52 kind of thing and there are plenty out there. One of the many aspects that have come to the fore is the value of participating, one of them being how much you learn-about technique, out of the box thinking, getting to know your camera's potential and a host of other values. WHY NOT JOIN THE PROJECT! Besides some discipline, there is not much else required except if you are chosen the winner, in which case you judge the next weeks challenge.

Themes covered will include but not limited to:
Colour
Architecture
DOF
Focus
Exposure
Landscape
Lighting
Perspective
Shutter
Subject- Multi-subject challenge
People
Ideas
Shapes
Home
Animals
Seasonal
Leisure

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be to have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore. The theme/sub-concepts are chosen by the facilitator every week. You are only
required to submit a photo taken during the week of the challenge.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-11 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed. Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera. And we will include images taken with phones as well.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging. It is up to the discretion of the current week's
Judge to accept or decline early/late entries i.e. a day earlier or a day late. Usually there is some flexibility here to allow as many entrants as possible. BUT
PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES TAKEN DAYS OR WEEKS OUTSIDE THE PERIOD OF THE CHALLENGE. TRY TO KEEP IT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
TO THE TIME FRAME. SOME FLEXIBILITY IS ALLOWED (after all life comes before photography) FOR OUT OF DATE/LATE SUBMISSIONS.
8. Additional images are welcome, but please keep them to a minimum. If more than one image is posted, make sure you identify your entry for the challenge.
Additional images should also please comply with rule 1 and rule 7.
9. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. By default, attached photos will be shown below your message
Click on the button below to upload
10. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next weeks Project 52-11 and may not participate in the current challenge.
11. The host/facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.

This is a supplementary contest, or "unofficial" Project 52-11 challenge, seeing that we have reached Week 52 of Project 52-11. This will run until the end of December 2023, to enable Project 52-12 to commence at the beginning of 2024. These supplementary challenged will include various themes, sub-themes and/or random subjects.
As usual, Project 52 is presented as a challenge to learn, develop and challenge yourself in your photography skills. It will folllow the usual format as far as Judging, time frames etc. Your participation is much appreciated.

Necessary things- this week we are onto food. From promotional ideas, to magazines, restaurants street foods and exotic foods- a popular genre. Let's see what you can come up to titillate the taste buds. The challenge incorporates both cooked and uncooked foods.

Usual help from the net here: A Complete Guide to Food Photography

And from Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/za/creativecloud/photography/discover/food-photography.html

And here: The Food Photographer?s Guide To Better Composition - We Eat Together

THE CHALLENGE RUNS FROM 4 - 10 DECEMBER 2023 AND CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT IN YOUR TIME ZONE ON THE LAST DAY OF THE CHALLENGE

Examples from my collection- the first a Cabbage Stew, a sort of cultural dish virtualy unique to the "coloured" people of South Africa and of which I am a part, and I grew up eating this.

Eton Mess

Read more at: PROJECT 52-11-64-(Supplementary) NECESSARY THINGS-Transport - PentaxForums.com
Views: 622
12-08-2023, 09:38 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I don't shoot something better I am participating with this patchwork style sandwich
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
12-08-2023, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You and Noel are making me hungry. And I just finished lunch.
12-10-2023, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad food and bad lighting.

*istDS2/F35-80

12-10-2023, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

At the Weihnachtsmarkt yesterday. No, I didn't buy any.

Cookies by Jason Doss
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-A* 85mm f1.4 at f8.0, 1/125s, and ISO 800
12-10-2023, 11:40 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
12-10-2023, 01:01 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys. Didn't know we were supposed to do healthy food.

12-10-2023, 01:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey, Christmas cake is healthy! Especially the brandy part
12-11-2023, 05:53 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelcmn Quote
Hey, Christmas cake is healthy! Especially the brandy part
Indeed it is.
12-11-2023, 06:05 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Challenge closed, thanks all for your submissions and comments! Now it is over to Yaki to do the Judging exercise for us!

The next challenge is here: PROJECT 52-11-66 (Supplementary) - NECESSARY THINGS - Clothing - PentaxForums.com
12-13-2023, 07:21 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi guys, sorry for the delay but I was on a business trip till now and it was really busy. So I totally forgot about judging 🙃.
For me this week the winner is Noel. This cake looks very tasty and I wish to try it every time I see it.
Thanks to other participants for not having to not choose 🙂 .
See you soon.
12-13-2023, 09:51 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good choice Yaki. Definitely a more wholesome food than my junk food. Time for lunch.

Cheers