Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Best of PF Newsletter Challenge #16: Your oldest Pentax lens
Posted By: cjfeola, 02-07-2024, 12:10 AM

What’s your oldest Pentax lens? Share your photos taken with your oldest glass. We’ll take either definition; for example, the first Pentax lens I bought was the SMC Pentax-M 40-80mm F2.8-4 kit lens that came with my ME Super. But years later I was wandering the rambling streets of Tokyo and came across a little camera shop with a used SMC Pentax 50mm F1.2 in the window; emptied out my pockets and took it home. Please share your photos here taken with your oldest glass.

This challenge runs through February 13.
Views: 427
02-07-2024, 03:13 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The M 1.4/50 mm that came with my ME in 1976. Not the oldest but my very first lens.

The first picture is a digitized shot of the very first negative film, digitized with the Nikon Coolscan-V 15 years ago. The second one is a recent shot with that lens on my K1ii.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LS-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
02-07-2024, 07:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My oldest lens is also one of my best lenses to be honest. It’s the SMC Pentax-A★ 200mm F4 Macro ED. I only bought it last year as I was looking for long macro lenses and de FA* versions for sale al had something. This one that I ordered in Japan looks like NOS to be honest and lives up to its reputation.
Production years for this lens run from 1984 to 2000. I asked at Pentax, but they do not have a registry of when which specific lens was produced so I like to say my lens is close to 40 years old .

02-08-2024, 07:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My oldest Pentax lens is a Super Takumar 150mm F4, I've had it for a little over three years and have barely used it. It is in great condition, and came with the hood, rear lens cap, but not the front cap. I took this picture just a little while ago with the lens mounted on m K-3 Mark III and a small MeFoto tripod, F11, 10 seconds, ISO 100. Focus on Fester's face. There is also some motion since it is a 10 seconds exposure.