Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Project 52, Week 44 - Progression Ladder
Posted By: DanLoc78, 04-09-2009, 06:49 AM

This is one I've been wanting to do for a while but I've been trying to figure out how to best explain it. You'll essentially try to capture the pattern shown below in some creative way. There is a cell phone company (cingular?) that uses this pattern in the background of their advertisements to imply you get maximum 'signal bars' wherever you go. Anyway I think it could be a neat project for the week. Below is one example of the pattern I'm talking about.

Rules:

1. Anyone and everyone who is interested is eligible
2. Make an attempt to effectively capture the theme of the week
3. Post your single picture in this thread, and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation) but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. let's try to keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves
5. There is one theme labeled black and white, but feel free to post black and white, sepia, etc. for any of the other themes
6. Have fun, provide constructive and friendly criticism, and fire away
7. You may post pictures taken before the current active week; however, only photos captured during the active week will be judged.

This week's theme - Progression Ladder - will run from today until Sunday, April 19th.

Attached Images

Views: 7,664
04-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

This is at one of the local children's playgrounds - it is a large set of about 4" tubes all cut to form a large vertical xylophone-type musical toy - about 8' tall. Taken yesterday.

04-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Oops. Double post - corrected
04-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here's mine.

Last edited by xs400; 03-27-2010 at 11:04 PM.
04-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is the barn on the home farm.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
04-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Thanks for letting me judge this week. It was a really fun and hard to choose between all of this great photos. Everyone did a good job.

Third place goes to mithradir
I lost count too in counting the ladders. That is a really interesting photo. Is that a satellite dish? Lots of cool lines in the photo. I am having a problem getting your photo to show.
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
How many progression ladders do you see? Personally, I've lost count.
Second place goes to sheela
I really like the illusion of the ladders in this photo.
QuoteOriginally posted by sheela Quote

this one was shot one day ago and I liked the fact that some of the 'ladders' were optical illusion ladders (only the windows in the far background are phisically similar to bar graphs, whilst the other ones are not - same height but different angle of view makes them look like progressive ladders)
First place goes to virgilr
I really love the colors and balance of this photo. We don't have very many cool old churches like that here in Dallas Texas area.
QuoteOriginally posted by virgilr Quote
What the heck, I'm in- a greek orthodox church here in Lachine- shot at sunset hour with the kit 18-55mm. Like to give it a workout sometimes..

04-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Thanks for judging Rockmaster. By the way the antennas are from the deactivated Nike anti-aircraft missile system. The large one was for long range detection. The small one was for short-range engagement.
04-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats to the winners, all three are great photos!

04-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Wow! I'm very honored- all the photos submitted were of great quality and all had such merits- I really enjoyed all the other shots and found the mood and subtlety in some quite fascinating!

Thanks, rockmaster, and congrats to everybody for entering such fab shots!
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Interesting thing I learned about the church- a friend of mine looked at a shot I had taken of the plaque giving details on the church and the date of construction. It was actually built in 1959 (not all that old, really!), and is actually a Ukrainian Orthodox Church. There is a large Ukrainian community in the city of Lachine.
04-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Congratulations to the winners and, indeed, to all entries. There were some excellent interpretations of the subject. Well done all!