Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52, Week 52 - PPG Submission
Posted By: DanLoc78, 06-04-2009, 05:53 AM

Where has one year gone?!? We have no doubt seen some extremely creative and beautiful photos in this thread over the past year. Thanks to everyone for participating. This will be the last theme for this 'project.' I plan to pass the torch to someone to carry on a second year of the project, and maybe each year someone else can take it up.

For this last theme, the idea is to harness all that creativity we've all shown in the past year and capture an image for submission into the Pentax Photo Gallery. I know when we're out shooting we're always trying to make the best photograph possible. This time around, go out with the intent of having it on display in the PPG. There have been plenty of pics submitted in this thread over this past year that were certainly PPG worthy, so this should be a breeze right?

Acceptance of photos into the PPG is obviously not guaranteed. I have had a total of 4 accepted out of about 40 submitted. Some of those accepted I was a bit surprised, and a lot of those rejected I was surprised (based on the ones that were accepted). But instead of discouraging me, it just made me try different things and look at things differently.

First things first, if you don't have a PPG account go to PENTAX Photo Gallery and click "Contact Us" in the upper right. Send them a note to grant you access to the gallery. This will take a few days. Then get shooting! Post your pic in here and let us know when you submitted it for review into the PPG. Then when you find out whether it's been accepted let us all know about it. Good luck!

Rules:

1. Anyone and everyone who is interested is eligible
2. Make an attempt to effectively capture the theme of the week
3. Post your single picture in this thread, and explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly theme
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation) but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. let's try to keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves
5. There is one theme labeled black and white, but feel free to post black and white, sepia, etc. for any of the other themes
6. Have fun, provide constructive and friendly criticism, and fire away
7. You may post pictures taken before the current active week; however, only photos captured during the active week will be judged.

This week's theme - PPG Submission - will run from today until Sunday, July 5th.
Views: 5,397
06-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Dan for thinking this series up a year ago. It's been fun and educational trying to represent the weekly topics.

It might be nice if there were a gallery with all the winning photo from each week.

Regards,
-tom
06-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tpeace Quote
Thanks Dan for thinking this series up a year ago. It's been fun and educational trying to represent the weekly topics.

It might be nice if there were a gallery with all the winning photo from each week.

Regards,
-tom
thought about doing this, but i'm not nearly technically savvy enough to pull it off. anyone willing to give it a shot??
06-09-2009, 03:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to second tom and say a big THANK YOU for doing this. Also would like to see a gallery, but am also not knowledgeable to do so.

NaCl(thanks again)H2O

06-09-2009, 03:47 AM   #5

Dan, I first heard about PPG from this site when I signed up. First submission was rejected. I've got two that are currently awaiting acceptance.

Hopefully I'll get some in eventually. Told a mate about the site straight away. He submitted 2 pictures and had one accepted first time.

This is his pic.
06-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Dan thanks for the year long contest. I will see if I can find the time to post the winnners ...

and here is one I took on Sunday that I will submit to PPG. I am 0-20 so far not too upset over it , only subnmit once in a while ...

click on image for larger view

06-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
axl
Veteran Member

Ok,
I'll play this one....
following shot was taken on Wednesday last week (03/06) and submitted 3 days later. Obviously still waiting

so far I managed to sneak in 9 pic, out of some 25 +/-. I had 2 accepted last week and 5 rejected. Let's see on this one...

PS: Dan, thanks for great challenge. I wish my workload would permit me to play more often. But I hope we'll run 2nd season. I'll try to play more...

BR

and good luck everybody

06-10-2009, 06:16 AM   #8
Inactive Account

I took this 5 days ago-submitted it today.

Andras

Flickr: sopiandri's Photostream

PENTAX Photo Gallery: Artist Bio - Andras Soproni
06-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
wow. great stuff so far. It's been fun, and I can't believe an entire year has passed.

Dave posted a thread with all the winners and Adam has set us up a Project 52 gallery. So far I have the first 6 or so photos in there from Year 1...so as I get more time I will populate that gallery with all the pics from year 1.
06-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mike3legs Quote
Dan, I first heard about PPG from this site when I signed up. First submission was rejected. I've got two that are currently awaiting acceptance.

Hopefully I'll get some in eventually. Told a mate about the site straight away. He submitted 2 pictures and had one accepted first time.

This is his pic.
keep at it mike. i have a feeling that only the pics that receive a certain number of positive votes from the gallery members go on through to the people who decide whether it will be accepted into the gallery. So whatever you submit is judged by whoever is looking and voting that day. Just a theory

Did you submit that sunset/windfarm pic from your flickr page? That one looks like a lock to be accepted into the gallery!
06-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Here is a shot I took this week. Have entered in PPG only this morning.
I have learnt that shots you think wont succeed, often do, and vice versa. Very unpredictable the PPG.

06-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
axl
Veteran Member

good luck guys....
06-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Posted before, but this one was submitted to the PPG some days ago. Made last week.

06-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Posted before, but this one was submitted to the PPG some days ago. Made last week.

Really like this one! Hope it will be accepted.
06-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #15

Photos: Albums
Wow, a year already!
Great job Dan for keeping up with the P52 Thread! This all stared off an an idea we had and you ran with it. There were some great photo ideas with some really creative pictures. Good job to everyone who participated.
I wish I could have participated much more than I did, but sometimes work, family and life kinda gets in the way of our hobbies.
Im definetely looking forward to P52 Year 2.

Corey