Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52-2-15 Focus: Selective WINNERS, IT HAD TO SAY WINNERS!
Posted By: Rense, 10-20-2009, 01:30 PM

It was quite a hard job judging last weeks Project 52. It took too long, so please accept my excuses..... All entries fitted nicely in the theme, so I won't comment on that....

So, here are the comments on the submissions, in alphabetical order:

Ash - I like the idea of just one petal in a lawn! It's a pity the rain drops are not a bit larger. Besides, the colour of the grass is a bit off - by purpose? - and it distracts me too much. Otherwise, well done!
Ceericks - Great 'official' photo! I don't know if it is the host of your photos, but it is not too sharp. You just had back luck with many great entries which I liked better this time....
Frank - Good idea, just a bit boring in the total of entries. Well executed, with a great perspective, although I would have liked a little better view on the Japanese signs on the keys .
Georg (the other) - Well, not for judging, but a great photo any ways, with a lovely atmosphere! Would have been one of the first three if shot in the right week ...
Rob - This was a hard one for me. I came back over and over again, because I like the leaves. The background is too distracting though with too many colours. Probably you should have tried some desaturation of the background colours...?
Tsukiouji - Very good, just a little too much DOF in my opinion. Otherwise a good picture, and I had to look two times before I realised they were toys . Well done.

Honourable mention: DAVE

This one just caught my eye, and keeps catching my eye. It's a funny picture, and the only two loosing points are the somewhat distracting background and the tight space above the largest bears head.... Well done Dave!

Getting the three winners in good order was a terrible job, they are very close in my opinion......:ugh:

Third: Jeff, with the rod of a chair

I think this is a very powerful photo, with the one shiny rod amidst the fuzzy ones. Great job, well done. The other two were just a bit more appealing to me....

Second: Bruce, with the turning Viola

You know I love flowers, don't you? But otherwise, it's a great photo too. The full colours of the Pensée, with the OOF flowers in the background... Very good!

And that leaves the first: Dan, with the shoes of his son.

A very appealing photo, in all respects. Also my wife picked this one as the winner. Well done, congratulations .

Well, that was it for Project 52-2-15. Thanks for the submissions, let's go for the next one!

Last edited by Rense; 10-20-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Views: 2,906
10-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Dan, Bruce and Jeff.
And well done on judging Rense.
Thanks for the comments.
Yeah I did turn the colours around on my entry on purpose, thinking it would make the image more unusual and stand out - I can see how it would be a little off-putting. Thanks for the input.
Well done to all involved.
10-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done you selective shooters ! Nice job on judging Rense thanks for the HM - I really like that shot as well. Now to Landscapes will try and get one in before I am way for a little R&R
10-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Congrats to the winners!
Great job on the judging Rense. It does seem as if the photos are becoming harder to judge as the weeks move on. Also thanks for the comments.

On to countryside.

Corey

10-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Stupid: I did not say "winners" in the title
10-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Again lots of good stuff submitted for this theme, very honored to have been picked first. Rense, my thanks to your wife as well!

My wife was not as complimentary!
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Congratulations on a great shot, Dan. I liked it at the outset, because of its originality.

Thanks Rense, for the second place., and a big well done to all the entrants.

Ash says he 'turned' the colours on his entry. As I had to literally turn my shot (I first entered it upside down) I begin to wonder whats going on here "down under?

Now for a run into the countryside in the next day or two!

10-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thanks Rense for the great job of judging the entries. Congratulations to Dan and the other winners. It was nice to see all the entries. The more the merrier. Hope to head out to the countryside in the next day or two.