Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winners: PROJECT 52-2-20 Lighting: Reflections
Posted By: Ash, 12-01-2009, 10:17 AM

I'm privileged to announce the winners of this week's Project 52 challenge - Week 20: Reflections. A total of 9 entries with commendable work put in.

mithrandir: Good exposure on a dreary day. The Borgata seems a very classy structure. This image could do with straightening and some contrast but the subject's clear and bold.

Stratman: A classic reflection. Nice and clear with good detail. Well done.

DanLoc78: Amusing is all I can say.

JanVan: Curved glass always produces a nice reflection effect. Good one.

cyy47: Striking glare of the Liberty building. I like this one.

Rense: This is a fine capture. Well thought out and complemented with the pedestrian on the corner of the image. Well done.

BBluesman: Classic image. Brilliant effect captured and processed to perfection. Not quite a reflection but I love the capture. The framing and perspective are well done.

jheu02: Very special. Great composition and reflective effect captured here. The warm colours add to the mood of the shot. I love it.

Ceericks: Novelty shot. Nice concept, well captured.

So the winners are:
3rd runner-up: Ceericks

2nd runner-up: BBluesman (had to take marks off for not portraying a true reflection )

Runner-up: Rense

Winner: jheu02

Thank you all again for your participation and I hope you enjoy the remaining challenges for 2009.
Views: 4,664
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Forum Member

Nice ones this week!
Ash, thanks for the comments and congrats to the winners.

Wish you all a shady week.
12-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
mithrandir: Good exposure on a dreary day. The Borgata seems a very classy structure. This image could do with straightening and some contrast but the subject's clear and bold.

Thanks for the kind comments, Ash. I took that shot through a dirty double pane window at a 45 degree angle. I was pleased it came out as well as it did. I agree, it is not a show stopper but it was fun never the less.

Congratulations to jheu02, rense, bbluesman, ceericks for some really nice work.
12-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good work! I have not been shooting much the last couple of weeks and probably should have taken part in this challenge. After all...our abundance of winter rain means lots of reflections!

Steve

12-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Congrats to all! Some nice images. Thanks Ash for taking time to review-comment.
12-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jheu, congrats, it's a great shot indeed! Thanks Ash, for the runner up place!
12-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
All well-deserved guys.

12-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks all for encouragement. For a photo to be called "Very Special" is an honor. Glad ya'll liked it. I was originally shooting it just because I wanted to capture the little guys as they're always moving around so fast, and are usually very skittish. But when I went through my shots from the weekend, this just seemed to fit perfectly. I guess, right place, right time.

Since this is my first win of any comp, and I didn't see it in the rules, am I judging the Shadow Comp? If so, should prove tough as this time of year is great for shadows (at least for those of us from the upper half of the world).

Thanks again, and Rense, really like the way the stones shifted the reflection of the building. Great capture.

I also liked the shot of good old Philly having grown up in Broomall (out West Chester Pike). Been awhile since I've been back though.
12-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks John! And good luck judging the shadowy side of life !