Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Weekly Challenge #21 - Winner
Posted By: Avantphoto, 06-24-2007, 12:48 AM

Sorry for taking a little longer but there were some awesome shots and please don't think if you didn't win that your photo wasn't good, I went back and forth between a few!
----
3rd place goes to...Arpe for this photo, great clouds and I love the bands of light and dark and the way they work with each other.

----
2nd place goes to...SCGushue for this photo, first I like the pano, the colors are great and I like the shadows in contrast with the lit areas.

----
And finally 1st place goes to...petekd, what a photo, beautiful shot and well exposed, love the colors too. So pete next contest is up to you!! Congrats!

Views: 1,922
06-24-2007, 02:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to all the winners. The winning photo is stunning. I hope you got it framed on the wall Pete.

Cheers

Eddie
06-24-2007, 04:30 AM   #3

Thanks Guys

First time I have won anything in photography so hoping to progress

My next round challenge is portraits using natural lighting

Cheers Pete
06-24-2007, 06:10 AM   #4
Ed in GA

All were great shots.

I certainly agree with your choice of Pete's shot for first place.

Great work Pete.

06-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice golden shots all - I managed to get some sunset shots last night (a little late) as the freeking rain and clouds have been relentless here.
06-24-2007, 08:29 AM   #6

Hi all

As the winner with my shot I have decided to make the challenge natural lighting portraits. My question is do I have to start the new thread myself and is it judged by myself or one of the people who run this site.

I am a bit confused what I need to do now so perhaps someone could explain ???

Thanks all

petekd
06-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Weekly challenge

QuoteOriginally posted by petekd Quote
Hi all

As the winner with my shot I have decided to make the challenge natural lighting portraits. My question is do I have to start the new thread myself and is it judged by myself or one of the people who run this site.

I am a bit confused what I need to do now so perhaps someone could explain ???

Thanks all

petekd
Yes You're the judge and all you need to do is, just start a new thread in:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/

and add the following once you've updated the info (end date and anything else) for the new week and Challenge #.

Weekly Challenge #21 - Golden Hour
Lets see those shots from that magical time, the golden hour. They can be landscapes, portraits, macros, whatever! Good luck to everyone!

An Example...

Here are the usual rules:

Final entry due around 00 GMT on Thursday June 21st, I'll post the winner in a day or two after.

The rules:
1. Post ONE photo (max 800x800) as a response to THIS post.
2. The photo must portray an interpretation of the theme. It can be colour or B&W, your choice.
3. You can offer as much or as little additional information as you wish, but I'd be interested to know the location/event/whatever being depicted.
4. The challenge is interactive. Any response is welcome.
5. The judge will pick the WINNERS and chose 1 of them to be the judge for the next week.
6. The challenge runs for 7 days plus a day or so for the judge to choose the winners.
7. Any camera will do but it must be a Pentax.

Previous Challenge Subjects:
1-Statues 2-Wheels 3-Speed 4-Peace 5-Survival 6-Macro 7-Mountains 8-Children 9-Post Processing 10- Windows & Doors 11-Sport 12-Urban Landscape 13-Wisdom 14-Power 15-Music 16-Pathways 17-Lines 18-Storm 19-Boats 20-Water 21 - Golden Hour

So yours will start:

Weekly Challenge #22 - Natural Lighting Portraits
Lets see those shots ________(fill in the blanks)______

Last edited by Peter Zack; 06-24-2007 at 08:41 AM.
06-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I'm looking forward to the next one, now that I actually have a couple of natural lighting portraits

2 weeks ago I would have dreaded it
06-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for explaining how to start a new thread I send a PM but wasn't sure it made much sense. Again all great shots, and I'll be sitting out the next round as I am 99.9% a Nature/Landscape photographer, so have fun!
06-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Don't set out the next round Avantphoto, I'll PM you an idea that I have but don't plan on using
06-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

what a great contest... yup, they all would have got my vote, too!

1st place was a cut above, I have to admit....the rock in the foreground is what really made this photo stand out. well done to all!!

cheers

randy
06-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Incredible photos in that challenge and an incredible photo won it. Congrats to all.
06-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Wow, just saw this. Awesome photos in this comp, I guess everyone says it, but I was genuinely surprised to find my photo up here. Thanks for the vote.