Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS project 52-2-32 Perspective: Point of View
Posted By: Iris, 02-23-2010, 12:40 PM

There were not too many entries in this project-52-2-32, but luckily a few more than last week! Great work everybody .
I will give comments to all entries and give one runner-up and a winner in the end.

Rense: I like your picture a lot! Nice angle with a clear subject. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the snow/ice looks quite blue on my screen.

Tamia: Nice angle and absolutely an uncommon subject. It reminds me of my own doctor’s office (although there isn’t a television there).
It is quite a busy picture and I think I would have preferred a slightly different angle to correct the not completely horizontal line below the door.

Rob (mithrandir): Very nice picture. I like the contrast and that fact that the actual subject is the shadow of trees.
The angle works here very nice, the shadows are just as black as the trees and they form in the middle of the picture almost one line.

Ash: I like the colour of the sky and the water. It looks like the sea is quite rough there! But for me it is not easy to see you are looking down.

Peter (PFH): This looks like a nice place to visit (for me I mean) and it looks like the weather is quite nice as well (although I see water on the floor). The angle looks quite normal to me.

Dan (DanLoc78): Lovely picture of your youngest Dan! Indeed an angle we don’t often use for children. I like Siena’s eyes, but the stripes of the couch makes it a busy picture.

Frank (xs400): I like this very low street shots a lot. The B&W works here quite well. Too bad the right upper corner is quite black.

But there can only be one runner up and one winner:

Runner up: Frank (xs400):
QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
K20 + 18-55mm WR

Winner: Rob (mithrandir):

QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Congratulations!

Previous winners:
QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
FYI, I had been slacking on updating the Project 52 gallery, but it is fully up to date all the way to Iris's winning image from the Panning theme.

Pentax Forums Home - Pentax User Photo Gallery - Project 52 Gallery

Views: 2,124
02-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Rob, with your first place, and Frank, with the runner up!
Great job again Iris! I agree with you on the blue tinge on the snow and ice. It doesn't bother me, but I suppose that's not everyones feeling.

Great week again, up to next weeks P52!
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Rob!!! And to you too Frank for runner up.

Nice job judging Iris. Thanks for the critique and taking the time to provide them for each photo.
02-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Iris, thanks so much for judging. Some of the subjects I selected for year 2 have been hard to photograph, but even harder to judge. You did great on pointing out the strong and weak points and I really appreciate what you and the judges before you in year two have done. For myself, I have found using the camera has gotten easier with time (technically) but composition and framing skills are hard for me personally. That is why I have loved the variety of approaches taken by those that participate each week. It helps my mind open up to new possibilities.

By the way, Frank, for a guy with his arm in a sling, you did great on capturing a shot from a not so easy angle.

I will be judging the through the window shots this week and I hope you all make my job hard with lots of entries.

02-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will be judging the through the window shots this week and I hope you all make my job hard with lots of entries.
With the ideas I have in mind it's more likely I will be arrested somewhere this week. Accused with voyeurism.....
02-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
Congrats to Frank and Rob.
Good job on the judging Iris, they were my favs as well.
02-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Rob and Frank! And Thanks very much to you, Iris, for such a terrific job judging and for taking time to give your assessment of each photograph. You're right about the horizontal angle of the floor-wall join in my photo, and I never even gave it a thought at the time. (That television was driving me nuts with some inane hour-long infomercial.)

Rob, I second your comments about the value of these weekly competitions. I've been learning so much from everyone who contributes, and shooting photos I wouldn't have. It's fun and educational.

Frank, I hope your shoulder heals swiftly.

Dan, thanks for pointing out the winner's gallery. I have only been participating in this forum since December, and being able to look at the previous winners is a big help.

Maybe we should have a collection in case Rense ends up needing to be bailed out.

Last edited by Tamia; 02-23-2010 at 06:30 PM.
02-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Rob. And thanks Iris for doing the judging.

I'm honored to be chosen 2nd. I have to admit, I was surprised to get 2nd, there were some excellent shots submitted for this challenge.

By the way, Frank, for a guy with his arm in a sling, you did great on capturing a shot from a not so easy angle.
I just held the camera down in the gutter and took several shots without looking through the viewfinder. After many attempts, I got a shot I liked. Besides, it was raining and wet at the time and I didn't want to lay down in the water to look in the viewfinder anyway.

Last edited by xs400; 02-23-2010 at 06:56 PM.