Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Winner: Challenge #129 - Hand Coloring
Posted By: slinco, 04-03-2010, 05:29 AM

Thanks to all who participated this week.

Bramela: Interesting table-top shot. Is that a model that you built? I think it would benefit from less opacity/saturation on the sail color.

Dave Kitson: That's a great old shot of you, a classic!! Similar to above, I think desaturating all the colors involved would give it a much more natural/vintage feel. A bit more feathering on the selection edge would help as well.

Tamia: I like the colors and the overall feel of it. The composition and subject are a bit drab though.

JeffJS: Beautiful blue on the car - looks very natural. I wish you had taken it further by coloring more of the rest of it, although the background would have been tedious due to the chainlink fence.

And the winner is....

Graham V: Very nice overall. Good detail work on the people, and nice color choices. And a terrific photo underneath it all. Nice work.

Views: 1,962
04-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's the one I would have picked too..

Mine was done quickie and I didn't even know it was a challenge when I posted. I did it as an experiment following a CMYK coloring tutorial I'd found online. Yep, the grass is a funky color but the car is almost dead on.

04-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Steve and Jeff
Had fun doing this and a new skill learnt
04-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations Graham V, a very fine job. Thanks for the judging, Steve, and for such an educational project.