Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Project 52-3 Moderator
Posted By: mithrandir, 04-07-2010, 06:14 PM

I just posted the subject for Week 52-2-40. This means we are a mere 12 weeks away from year 3 of Project 52. Do we have a volunteer to moderate year 3? This is your chance if you would like to bring new ideas and directions to Project 52.
Views: 4,416
04-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Dan,
Don't forget to participate. Other cameras are acceptable -- it's technique we are after. Besides with other cameras being allowed, you can submit pictures even if you only have your P&S along on a vacation or business trip.

04-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Rense: I don't enter this challenge very often but here are my thoughts on Project 52.

1) I think we need to reconsider the style of the competition thread title. I have trouble following which challenge is open with the current format "Project 52-2-40 Subject: Flowers", without opening up the thread. I would recommend something like this:Project 52: 11 April 2010 - Flowers

2) I would also change the date format inside the thread itself to match it --- from "20100418 and 20100425" to 11 April 2010 and 25 April 2010.

I don't shoot every week but when I do go out and shoot, I do try to keep challenges like this one in the back of my mind. These changes will help us casual users to shoot for the right challenge when we get do get the chance (I've shot for the wrong challenge twice this year already - shame on me).

Tim
04-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Tim, I think these are very valuable additions! It must be clear for everyone which challenge is open, and which one is closed or to be opened in the future. And you're not the only one that can't get used to the date format in the thread, so I will look after that too for the next year!
04-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Much appreciated Rense.

Tim

04-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
To be honest: I like P52 the way it is!

P52 gives an opportunity to shoot new things, with new methods.
P52 makes you shoot subjects you never shoot, or with methods you never used before. I recognise the 1 week term is quite short, but I feel this is one of the attractive sides of the current format of P52: most of the time it's a short 'introduction' on the subject or method. New week, new chances.

Then there is the voting. I must say it's not one of my favourite things to do, but then: it makes me look very meticulously to the submitted photos. I have to phrase what I like and dislike on the submitted photos, and thus it's a big learning moment for me myself.
I absolutely agree with Rense! I could not have said it better

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote

1) I think we need to reconsider the style of the competition thread title. I have trouble following which challenge is open.

2) I would also change the date format inside the thread itself.

Tim
Tim, good you mention this. I have some trouble myself, but thought I was the only one
04-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Dan,
Don't forget to participate. Other cameras are acceptable -- it's technique we are after. Besides with other cameras being allowed, you can submit pictures even if you only have your P&S along on a vacation or business trip.
Yeah, I know. I have been having problems with my camera so I've been a bit discouraged and haven't had much motivation to get out. Excuses, excuses. I will definitely try to participate more...even if I have to use my iPhone! (ducks away from oncoming thrown objects)
04-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
I recognize the 1 week term is quite short,
but I feel this is one of the attractive sides of the current format of P52: most of the time it's a short 'introduction' on the subject or method. New week, new chances.

Comments, suggestions? Please post them here!! I am most grateful in advance!
I understand your intent. But please consider at least expanding the time period from 7 days to 9 days ensuring that each contest spans two full weekends.

regards,
-t

04-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tpeace Quote
I understand your intent. But please consider at least expanding the time period from 7 days to 9 days ensuring that each contest spans two full weekends.

regards,
-t
That is a good suggestion! That would give the possibility to shoot 2 themes in one weekend. I would say that is an improvement, thanks a lot! If nobody has serious objections, I will surely modify this!
04-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
smf
Pentaxian

Thanks to everyone who has been making these exercises so interesting and valuable with their suggestions, comments, photos, judging, etc.
04-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Rense, many thanks for putting your hand up.
Since becoming one of the new mods, I find that I am spending a bit more time going through the threads, so was reluctant to take on a bit more.
I most certainly will continue give all the support I can to the Projects.

I agree and support very much with Tim, regarding the date format.
Showing 20th April is much clearer. Here in Aus that is about all we use.
And we differ in that we say 20-04-10 not 04-20-10.
Date-Month- Year is our way in Aus but then maybe we are the odd ones
04-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Rense, many thanks for putting your hand up.
Since becoming one of the new mods, I find that I am spending a bit more time going through the threads, so was reluctant to take on a bit more.
I most certainly will continue give all the support I can to the Projects.

I agree and support very much with Tim, regarding the date format.
Showing 20th April is much clearer. Here in Aus that is about all we use.
And we differ in that we say 20-04-10 not 04-20-10.
Date-Month- Year is our way in Aus but then maybe we are the odd ones
Yes, you are the odd ones. At least in many respects, such as living heads down.
But in this case you and we are the same: the 20th of April 2010 is written 20-4-2010. So it must be the Americans eh?

Thanks for your support!
04-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In Middle Earth we use Year - Month - Day thus 20100420.

04-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Yes, Rense we have our moments, might be because the blood keeps rushing to our heads
04-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
In Middle Earth we use Year - Month - Day thus 20100420.

I am rereading the Hobbit in anticipation of the upcoming movies
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #30
Forum Member

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything. Haven't been joining in with P52-pictures for a long time as well .

I'll try to pick up the camera more frequently and the P52 stimulates me. Therefore Rob, thanks for al the work put in during the years 1 & 2 and Rense, thanks for stepping forward to be moderator in the 3rd year!

And of course thanks to all who contribute