Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lowell, thanks again for your effort, I appreciate it.
Is it possible to change the Header of the "Sticky: Index of lenses in this section", and add in bold capital letters next to it "PLEASE DON'T DUPLICATE LENS THREADS", or something to that affect?

EDIT: Or somewhere where it is more noticeable, as you open that section?

10-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Lowell, thanks again for your effort, I appreciate it.
Is it possible to change the Header of the "Sticky: Index of lenses in this section", and add in bold capital letters next to it "PLEASE DON'T DUPLICATE LENS THREADS", or something to that affect?

EDIT: Or somewhere where it is more noticeable, as you open that section?
i have been thinking about how best to deal with this.

One point to remember here is I am not a forum moderator, only a member, doing this on my own, after picking up the index, which had fallen on disrepair.

what i might do, is to start a new thread, with the rules. and to have that made a sticky along with the index, which I maintain. the rules would not be open for comment, but would explain exactly how to add new threads. I might want to talk to the moderators first, and perhaps see if somewhere, it is possible to have new thread posters acknowledge they have read the rules, and done a search of the archive index before starting a new thread. I don;t know yet the best approach.

I don;t want to make it a PITA because i do not want to discourage posters, but i do want them to think.

When you consider there are something like 300 different lenses listed already here in the archive, we have a long way to go in terms of samples of every lens. (I know i have over 50 lenses and only a small sample are posted for example. so i too need to be more active.

maybe I will put a comment in the suggestions and help forum to get some other ideas too.
10-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #33
Veteran Member

I'm sure Adam will give you the support you need, as I see this as a valuable part of the forums and your efforts surely don't go unnoticed😊

04-18-2014, 04:02 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To any who have been following the Q, I have set up now a similar sample archive index here for lenses on the Q. The first post of the thread is the index here. The second and third posts of that thread are an index to a thread in the Q forum.

All the rules for the main sample image archive apply here.
Please check the first post for your lens before starting a new thread.
PLease post only images from one lens in the thread, this is not a comparison thread but a true index
Please state any post processing done

08-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I see that this thread started a while ago, but I would like to eventually add to it, especially with lenses that are under-represented here that I use.
08-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timmijo Quote
I see that this thread started a while ago, but I would like to eventually add to it, especially with lenses that are under-represented here that I use.
Go for it. One new thread for each lens
11-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #37
Inactive Account

i like your post

i like your post

11-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
I had this lens for few months and never used, until I got my K3 and found it to be exceptional. Here is a sample:

Pepe

It is not supposed to be posted in this thread. This thread is to discuss the archive, each lens has its own thread , all recorded anid indexed in the "index of lenses in this section" sticky

For your lens, post the photos here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/130-lens-sample-photo-archive/156971-pent...l-samples.html
10-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Hello, Lowell. Thank you for maintaining this thread. I use it frequently. I have a question:

I thought I had read that photos from the rest of the forum are archived nightly and placed in their appropriate spots in the archive. I recently posted a photograph with a bit of technical information that I had hoped to see in this thread under K3ii with Sigma 150-500 DG OS. Did I imagine I read that? Or, does it really happen and I just can't locate my photo when searching?

Thanks for your help.

Kath
10-05-2015, 10:33 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
Hello, Lowell. Thank you for maintaining this thread. I use it frequently. I have a question:

I thought I had read that photos from the rest of the forum are archived nightly and placed in their appropriate spots in the archive. I recently posted a photograph with a bit of technical information that I had hoped to see in this thread under K3ii with Sigma 150-500 DG OS. Did I imagine I read that? Or, does it really happen and I just can't locate my photo when searching?

Thanks for your help.

Kath
You need to ask Adam. At one time he had planned to do an index like that. I think it is found in the Pentax sample Photo Earch engine, which is also in this section. But you would need to try it. I maintain this as there are always people posting new lenses here and now that the index is done keeping up with new editions is easy
10-06-2015, 04:45 AM   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
You need to ask Adam. At one time he had planned to do an index like that. I think it is found in the Pentax sample Photo Earch engine, which is also in this section. But you would need to try it. I maintain this as there are always people posting new lenses here and now that the index is done keeping up with new editions is easy
Thank you, will do.
12-13-2015, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To all posters, please note that if a thread has not been added to in over a year that there will be an "OLD POST" warning. Please check the box you want to post any way , and continue adding photos to that thread.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them he

Thanks
05-09-2020, 08:29 AM - 2 Likes   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To all posters and users who have not yet noticed.

I have revamped the archive index, it now is split between Pentax and non Pentax (Third Party) lenses. It also has links to all relevant lens clubs, includes the Pentax Full frame index, and is in process of adding links to lens reviews.

ENJOY
05-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #44
Administrator
Site Webmaster

To support the new index structure, I am now un-sticking this thread. Please post any questions in the respective index thread.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread