Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by h4yn0nnym0u5e Quote
1938 Hillman Minx and Spitfire Vc at the 2018 Shuttleworth Night Shoot. I got sharper shots, but there's something special about the rendering which I thnk suits the subject...

Love it! Very early color film period feel.

10-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Love it! Very early color film period feel.
Thank you. The PP was really pretty minimal, just to bring the sky up a bit and do some de-noising and sharpening, so I suspect that feel is mostly down to the lens. I really need to get out with it more...
10-28-2018, 11:05 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you. The PP was really pretty minimal, just to bring the sky up a bit and do some de-noising and sharpening, so I suspect that feel is mostly down to the lens. I really need to get out with it more...
I am not a huge manual lens user but seeing what a number of folks here have done with it, I often browse the forums and the bay looking for a good deal on one. Just because.
10-28-2018, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I am not a huge manual lens user but seeing what a number of folks here have done with it, I often browse the forums and the bay looking for a good deal on one. Just because.
I'm sure you wouldn't regret it. Manual exposure really isn't all that scary with 14 bits of DR, and I suspect that auto-focus at f/1.2 would be pretty hit and miss, even if such a thing existed! Let's hope that good deal materialises soon...

12-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm sure you wouldn't regret it.

Let's hope that good deal materialises soon...
I'm almost sure he would not regret.
People with bad eyesight should be able to focus using enlarged LiveView. I see no reason to stay away from f/1.2 lenses, they are pure fun!
The Revuenon is the best of all those I tried.
If you find a good example, it will serve you well, giving a beautiful mix of sharpness and glow.
Very few lenses share the same magic.
I own a huge number of nice objectives, few share the same practical value, combined with such strong "optical character".

12-16-2018, 02:09 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If I can (and may) suggest you get a nice lenshood for yours. I used to have the Porst as well as the Revuenon, decided the latter was my weapon of choice but it started to really shine when I put a decent hood on it. It was a small change but it upped the contrast just a little and made a good lens better. I just got me one of those round metal aftermarket screw-in hoods.