Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks! There is some post processing involved, but I think most of it is the lens. This is really my only lens where that 3D effect is so apparent in many pictures. I've yet to stop it down to see if I get more or less 3D effect, I've just been having too much fun shooting wide open

Last edited by Colorado CJ; 12-26-2011 at 08:13 PM.
12-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
I just received my Takumar 200mm F3.5 and took a couple of shots at my shop today, being curious how it will work. Here is a sample. Note, this isn't a fancy shot, just of a small bird out in my sandblasting yard. There isn't much to photograph out there, but this will do. Just a quick and dirty shot.

This shot was wide open at f3.5 and 100 ISO. This lens is so bright that this was shot at 1/640 sec.

I'm really going to like this lens!

love this
12-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Thanks! There is some post processing involved, but I think most of it is the lens. This is really my only lens where that 3D effect is so apparent in many pictures. I've yet to stop it down to see if I get more or less 3D effect, I've just been having too much fun shooting wide open
I noticed the same thing with my 135 preset. I think the early preset designs all do something similar. Not sure if aperture placement for the front aperture or the element arrangement but there seems to be more separation at evy aperture to foreground and background
12-31-2011, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Well, it was blowing pretty good today, over 100 m.p.h. gusts in the mountains and 60+ m.p.h. on the front range, so I didn't get to go to the mountains for hiking/photography. I did go to a local park for a few minutes to get my photography fix for the day though.

Here are a few shots. All shot with the Takumar 200mm F3.5 at f3.5.

01-08-2012, 09:02 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

A few more photos taken with the Takumar 200mm F3.5 Preset. Taken today at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal

8 Jan 2012 1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

I came up on a small herd of mule deer in the later part of the day. I was able to get close to these deer as no one else was around and I could take my time getting close.

8 Jan 2012 7 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 8 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 9 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 10 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 11 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 12 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 13 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

8 Jan 2012 14 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr
01-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Photog and lens continue to impress.
01-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Thanks Riff! Did you get your lens yet? If so, have you had a chance to use it yet?

01-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Yes I got it late yesterday.

It is in very good mechanical and optical shape, no caps and kenko filter. The filter does not want to come off with just hand pressure however there is no obvious damage to the lens filter ring or the filter. I have not used it yet, almost scared to after what you have been posting.

It is a honkin great big thang.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get a few shots with it.
01-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I would also look into getting a lens hood for it. Just to keep flare down to a minimum.

They are great lenses, and for anyone in the toronto area, looking for one, go to the pawn shops at church and queen. there was one there last week when I was looking around
01-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I would also look into getting a lens hood for it. Just to keep flare down to a minimum.
Lowell that is excellent advice, I will look for one.
I am getting the itch for a 135 preset.
01-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Lowell that is excellent advice, I will look for one.
I am getting the itch for a 135 preset.
I use a rather expensive hood on the lens, specifically a deep B&W 67mm machined hood, which can be bought from B&H in NY, or probably on line.

as for a 135mm preset, In my last prowling around queen & church in Toronto, I saw at least 2 135mm presets one with a , front oriented multi blade round aperture, and a much newer soligor with a rear oriented 6 blade aperture.

For those interested, I also saw 2 super tak 85/1.9s, a 35/2 and a few other lenses at downtown camera.(although not cheap)

This area of Downtown toronto still has some used pentax kit around, but it is still becoming scarse here.
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I use a rather expensive hood on the lens, specifically a deep B&W 67mm machined hood, which can be bought from B&H in NY, or probably on line.

as for a 135mm preset, In my last prowling around queen & church in Toronto, I saw at least 2 135mm presets one with a , front oriented multi blade round aperture, and a much newer soligor with a rear oriented 6 blade aperture.

For those interested, I also saw 2 super tak 85/1.9s, a 35/2 and a few other lenses at downtown camera.(although not cheap)

This area of Downtown toronto still has some used pentax kit around, but it is still becoming scarse here.
he's the last place i think for the most part, henrys moved most everything to Mississauga - and the pawn shops don't get much and overvalue it frequently

I like the guys at Downtown though a good bunch.
01-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
he's the last place i think for the most part, henrys moved most everything to Mississauga - and the pawn shops don't get much and overvalue it frequently

I like the guys at Downtown though a good bunch.
Actually I find that downtown over values everything. they price it based upon the european market as the sell most stuff on line because us canadians are to cheap to pay the price.

the pawn shops are a mixed bag, but before christmas I saw a K105/2.8 for $55, it was gone last week!

THere are lenses appearing from time to time, but they are becoming scarce.

Even at henry's outlet center, the e-bay store has first dibs on everything now, and you see virtually nothing.

With queensway camera, just camera, and most of the other small shops closing (as the owners retire) there is less and less available locally
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #29
Veteran Member

This I assume.
B+W 67mm Screw-In Metal Telephoto Lens Hood #960 65-041212 B&H
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Actually I find that downtown over values everything. they price it based upon the european market as the sell most stuff on line because us canadians are to cheap to pay the price.

the pawn shops are a mixed bag, but before christmas I saw a K105/2.8 for $55, it was gone last week!

THere are lenses appearing from time to time, but they are becoming scarce.

Even at henry's outlet center, the e-bay store has first dibs on everything now, and you see virtually nothing.

With queensway camera, just camera, and most of the other small shops closing (as the owners retire) there is less and less available locally
The one pawn shop deal i regret not buying was a Leica m4-2 with 50mm Summicron f2 and a summicron 90mm f2 (so a Canadian made kit eh) needed the film rewind replaced (worked but the arm was bent and caught on the body) they had it for $600 and I was leaving for europe the next day. went in the day after i got back it had sold the day before for $550. AAARGH, i regret that one big time