Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2012, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax M 24-35 F3.5

Recently purchased this fine little lens, and noticed there were no sample photos posted yet...

Yes, it is a very limited focal range, and it is fully manual. But my preliminary tests show a lens that has lovely subtle colors, good flare resistance, and is capable of capturing great detail. And this focal range is just right for one of my favorite types of photos, the "intimate landscapes" of our East Tennessee mountains.

Here are a few photos taken up on Roan Mountain on a very bright wintry day - the lens handled the harsh light quite well!

Here are a few photos of Laurel Run, rich with winter moss - the 24-35 gave a very accurate rendition of the greens and browns.

Although it does not focus particularly close, this lens does "play well" with a Raynox 150 (this is a red cup fungus).

And i captures textures well, like this old smokehouse door/

Am looking forward to some good long mountain hikes soon, to give this lens (and my legs) a real test!!

02-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Great series. Very good IQ for a zoom.
06-19-2019, 04:22 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thought I'd resurrect this thread with some pictures from the M 24-35 I recently picked up. All photos are taken with the K-1 at sunrise at Barnbougle Beach in northern Tasmania:

06-20-2019, 05:02 AM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And another one from further along the beach:

06-20-2019, 06:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sam, those are excellent, thank-you for sharing. This seems like a great little lens.