Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #1

Sigma 8-16mm 4.5 - 5.6 HSM

As I couldn't find this lens in this forum I decided to start a thread for it. I just got this yesterday and tried it out a few times today. Here is one shot:

This is an HDR. Do you reckon I got a good copy? I'll post up some more samples when I've used it a bit more.

08-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks good.
09-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #3

Original Poster
Here are some more shots I took on a walk yesterday:

09-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #4

Original Poster
A few night shots I took yesterday evening:

There don't seem to be too many people with this lens (at least on this forum)...

11-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #5

Original Poster

10-07-2015, 04:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Some shots from today - an ash dam

11-10-2015, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
On K-7

On K-5

On K-5 II s

11-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone tried holding a Cokin circular polarizer in front of the lens to see if it can be used for at least part of the scene?
11-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #9
Pentaxian

A few of us have been posting in this thread since 2010 - moderators may wish to merge with this 13 page thread...
11-19-2015, 10:09 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
A few of us have been posting in this thread since 2010 - moderators may wish to merge with this 13 page thread...
That's a club thread, this is a samples thread.
11-19-2015, 10:46 PM   #11
Pentaxian

What is the difference, pray tell - both do the same thing? Show off and discuss a piece of equipment... Just wondering....

This one has 11 posts in it including yours and mine and was almost dead until recently and several of the original pics are no longer available for showing. Just thought it was a bit of housekeeping to merge them.
11-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
What is the difference, pray tell - both do the same thing? Show off and discuss a piece of equipment... Just wondering....

This one has 11 posts in it including yours and mine and was almost dead until recently and several of the original pics are no longer available for showing. Just thought it was a bit of housekeeping to merge them.
The lens sample archive is supposed to be for samples. It was started by a user who hasn't posted since 2013. The index is maintained by Lowell Goudge.

QuoteQuote:
Lens Sample Photo Archive - About
Welcome, Pentaxians! You've stumbled upon the very first Pentax Lens Sample Photo Archive.

Now what does that mean? This board will be host to hopefully hundreds of photos taken with every Pentax lens and lens that can be adapted to the Pentax system. Any user can create a thread with samples from the lenses that they own, or add posts with photos to any thread that is already existing. Each Lens Sample Photo Archive is not specifically designed for only posting of photos (although that is the primary purpose of each thread), but instead users can also feel free to ask others which photos were taken with which cameras, along with EXIF data, and other things. Or simply if they would like to comment on someone else's previously posted photo.

So what is a sample? A sample is quite different than a review of a lens, because it is entirely visual, and not textual. A sample is a photo that you've taken with the lens, and whether you want it to be one that is informative, for example a series of photos taken at certain apertures for a lens, or just a single photo that you've taken with the lens that you'd like to share in the same thread, you can add it to the appropriate thread.

In the case that a thread does not already exist for a lens that you own and want to show off some samples from, you might ask how one adds a lens to the Lens Sample Photo Archive.

The answer is simple, start a thread with the name of the lens, the aperture, and any other details of the lens. But don't fret, if you cannot find the full details about a lens, the moderator will ensure that the listing is complete.

What do we expect in your thread?

- A full name of the lens (for example "Pentax DA 18-55mm AL II Lens Samples")
- At least one photo in the introductory post of your thread. Also, do not post multiple replies with only a single photo in each. Nobody likes people who want huge post counts.
- Photos only taken with a Pentax camera. If you have a Pentax lens that you have photos from on another camera where you've used an adapter, we don't want to see it. But any camera that takes the Pentax mounts, for example Samsung's GX-1S is acceptable.

Once a thread is started, the moderator will tailor the original post of the thread (without altering your original content) for purposes in users being able to buy and review the lens after viewing the samples. Don't worry about this part.

Your lens will also be indexed in the Lens Sample Photo Archive Index Thread, and if you find one that is not in the index, please send a message to the moderator and it will be added. We're looking for the perfect and complete index to Pentax lenses.

If you have any questions, just ask!
The lens clubs are set up by Administrators and kept in their own sub-forum. They are for posting images and discussion about the lenses, the archive was supposed to be for samples without discussion.

The sample archive seems to be mostly ignored by those who post in the clubs.
11-19-2015, 11:15 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Thanks for that Boris - now you can remove our four no 5 posts as this thread is only for samples - got that - didn't know this archive existed really - or didn't know it when I saw the images.
01-29-2016, 01:28 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some more on K5 IIs

02-29-2016, 05:14 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Unconventional symmetry

I found this in my grab bag of shots the other day and realised it was better than originally thought.
Attached Images