Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2014, 01:54 PM   #1

Yashinon DX 135mm 2.8

I love to use old m42 lenses on my K01, and today a really nice one joined my collection. The Yashica Yashinon DX 135mm 2.8
I am a friend of shooting wideo open even though that means softness and aberrations and everything...but I like it anywhere
Here are 2 sample pics I took today with this lens...and I am in love with it!!

Attached Images

03-26-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have that lens (I bought it instead of a SMC Takumar 135/3.5) and it is a fun lens. You get some nice balls there
The one thing I noted at one point on a K100D - there seemed to be some reflections going on at wide apertures from the sensor, which made for a low contrast center of the frame. I haven't tried with a more modern camera, and I haven't seen the effect with film.

Is yours a silver one or all black?
03-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I have that lens (I bought it instead of a SMC Takumar 135/3.5) and it is a fun lens. You get some nice balls there
The one thing I noted at one point on a K100D - there seemed to be some reflections going on at wide apertures from the sensor, which made for a low contrast center of the frame. I haven't tried with a more modern camera, and I haven't seen the effect with film.

Sensor reflections , hmmm let me see, I seemed to have that years ago on a rikenon 135/2.8 Lens. I found that the internal parts near the mount were polished aluminium with shiny black anodizing. Simply painting them flat black solved the problem. The same issue has been found on 645-K adaptors
03-27-2014, 04:04 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

I have the silver one and I think it looks quite nice. I really like the build in lens-hood, got mine for 40€ and it looks alomst new so happy with it!

03-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On a Yashica TL Electro-X, Duane Reed color film

Fujica ST605, probably Kodak 400 film of some kind