Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax SMC 50mm f/1.2

I came across this Pentax Asahi SMC 50mm f/1.2 Lens lens by sheer accident on eBay.co.uk. Got it in the auction at a very good price. I am a Canon user and I am not willing to stump for expensive L Lenses at the moment when there are other brand lens out there that can do what I wish to achieve. I love the vintage look in wedding photography and my clients are always happy with what I produce. I like experimenting with gadgets and things so I didn't shy away from getting rid of the protruding bit from the mount using a nail file and pincher :-) to fit the lens on my Canon EOS 5D DSLR using a Pentax K to EOS converter with focus confirmation just to see what it could do. All lenses have problems so I don't worry about vignetting or chromatic aberration as these can be corrected in Lightroom or Photogshop. Here are my samples. Image of the lens was taken with another Pentax Lens found on eBay - a Pentax Super-Macro-Takumar 50mm f/4.0 Macro 1:1 Lens. Tell me what you think.

Attached Images

09-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suggest you run and hide, the angry Pentax mob are coming with pitch forks and fire torches lol. Performing surgery like this offends some people.

The Pentax K 50 1.2 is a beautiful lens.. I love it so much I have 2 copies. The results this lens can produce are remarkable in nearly every way. Your shots certainly showoff the beautiful bokeh of this lens.
09-12-2014, 04:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please do not add any more posts to the thread, a thread already exists for this lens
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/130-lens-sample-photo-archive/153201-pent...2-samples.html

The index can only support a single thread per lens.