Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-30-2016, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Index of 'Manual Lenses on Pentax Full Frame' Sample Photo Threads

This index contains links to Sample Photo Threads for Pentax and Third-Party MANUAL LENSES used exclusively on Pentax Full Frame digital cameras.

To add sample photos taken with a Pentax Full Frame camera to an exclusively Full Frame lens thread, either:
  • browse the Forum threads, find the existing lens thread with "Pentax Full Frame" in the title and add your sample photos to the thread, or
  • browse this INDEX, click on the link to the existing exclusively Pentax Full Frame lens thread and add your sample photos to the thread.
Either method takes you to ONE SAMPLE PHOTO THREAD exclusively for each lens, taken on a Pentax Full Frame camera.

If there is no existing 'Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame' thread for your lens yet feel free to start a New Thread in this sub-Forum and post your Full Frame sample photos there. The Moderator will add your new Pentax Full Frame Sample Photos thread link to this INDEX for all users to enjoy, and to add their own sample photos to the thread.

Please use the lens description from the PF Lens Database in your new thread and add
'Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame' in your new thread title, such as:

'SMC Pentax 50mm F1.4 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame' or 'SMC Pentax-A 35~70 F3.5-4.5 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame'

then post your Sample Photos on Pentax FF to your
new thread.

You can click the link in the Section Heading to jump to the Lens Database for each series to view the lens description.

***** PLEASE DO NOT POST SAMPLE PHOTOS IN THIS THREAD *****

A Prime Lenses
smc PENTAX-A 50mm F1.2 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame
SMC Pentax-A 135mm F2.8 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame

A Zoom Lenses

M Prime Lenses

M Zoom Lenses

K Prime Lenses
SMC Pentax 55mm F1.8 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame
SMC Pentax 400mm F5.6 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame

K Zoom Lenses

M42 Screwmount Extreme Wide-Angle Prime Lenses

M42 Screwmount Wide-Angle Prime Lenses

M42 Screwmount Normal Prime Lenses
SMC/S-M-C/Super-/Auto-/Takumar 55mm F1.8 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame

M42 Screwmount Telephoto Prime Lenses

M42 Screwmount Extreme Telephoto Prime Lenses

M42 Screwmount Zoom Lenses

Vivitar Lenses
Vivitar 55mm 1:2.8 Auto Macro M42 Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame

Samyang Lenses
Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame

Miscellaneous Lenses
Auto Chinon 28mm 1:2,8 (M42) Sample Photos on Pentax Full Frame

*** Section Headings to be added as necessary for Third-Party and other Pentax Lenses ***

Last edited by monochrome; 05-29-2016 at 03:23 PM.
05-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not sure the instructions are well understood. I believe you intended to have them post in an existing archive for the lens, but include on K1 in the post title .

If not it will introduce multiple threads for one lens.
05-02-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look at the way lary "crewl" did the lenses on Q thread and the index I have I this section for it. It requires to monitor the title for on K1 but it can be done. It is just a concern that we are creating a body specifi thread in the lens section. What are you going to do on the next FF body?

It is just as easy to monitor all the threads daily. Note that Adam , or the moderators do not do a lot for my index. I monitor the forum for new posts and maintain my index after the originator ran out of time or interest.
05-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think the index should remain in this forum.

Sample threads should either go in the Pentax full-frame forum (not K-1) or here, but I'm leaning toward just keeping them here (contrary to what I thought when I replied to your PM). There might be a little bit of duplication, but as long as we don't make them K-1 specific (thus allowing for future FF models), there shouldn't be a problem

Further feedback is of course welcome.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think the index should remain in this forum.

Sample threads should either go in the Pentax full-frame forum (not K-1) or here, but I'm leaning toward just keeping them here (contrary to what I thought when I replied to your PM). There might be a little bit of duplication, but as long as we don't make them K-1 specific (thus allowing for future FF models), there shouldn't be a problem

Further feedback is of course welcome.
Adam. How do you set up a table in a thread, the ultimate solution is for me to rework the archive index into 3 or 4 columns, one for the lens, one for the regular archive and one for the FF. Pentax archive. The last could be for any comments etc. It would keep all the indexes in one thread
05-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Adam. How do you set up a table in a thread, the ultimate solution is for me to rework the archive index into 3 or 4 columns, one for the lens, one for the regular archive and one for the FF. Pentax archive. The last could be for any comments etc. It would keep all the indexes in one thread
I posted a brief tutorial here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/3-site-suggestions-help/321230-question-h...ml#post3644993

In essence, each line represents a separate row, and pipes are used to separate cells.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-30-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what if i do a single index for both In this way, we can have a single index for regular archive on any camera, any format, but still have a pointer where there is the full frame lens. One index is much better than 2 when people want to see what a lens can do?

like this

Takumar Presets
Archive IndexPentax FFcomments
Takumar 135mm f/3.5 (M42) - PentaxForums.com
Takumar 200mm F3.5 Preset samples - PentaxForums.com
Takumar 200mm/3.5 Preset - PentaxForums.com duplicate entry do not use
Takumar 300mm F4 (1962) 18 blade version samples - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 05-30-2016 at 08:02 AM.
05-30-2016, 08:05 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Looks like a good idea. Certainly a lot of work to rebuild your Index (which I can help with, if you want).

One issue will always be Image posts in a single Lens thread taken with mixed format cameras. When that happens someone has to link individual posts into a {format} Index thread rather than just linking a distinct {format} thread into an Index thread. Following the logic, you would add a column for APSc and build a separate Lens thread for those linked individual APSc image posts.

IMO, format is a higher sort order than lens. The key point is, they are different formats. Just as there is a separate Q Index from APSc Index for each lens there is a need for a distinct FF Index for each lens. There have already been requests for a FF-specific sample archive, which is addressed by the FF Index (and the Search Engine, for automatic lenses).

Do you propose to eliminate the FF Index or add additional links in the lens-specific table? I think there's room for both.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-30-2016 at 08:16 AM.
05-30-2016, 09:44 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Looks like a good idea. Certainly a lot of work to rebuild your Index (which I can help with, if you want).
no thanks, look at the work in process in the normal archive thread. No big deal it is pretty close now, just need to fix a few things, and move some comments into the comments field.
QuoteQuote:

One issue will always be Image posts in a single Lens thread taken with mixed format cameras. When that happens someone has to link individual posts into a {format} Index thread rather than just linking a distinct {format} thread into an Index thread. Following the logic, you would add a column for APSc and build a separate Lens thread for those linked individual APSc image posts.
in hind sight yes, but since the initial archive is any format, including Q, the rule for the normal archive still follows, if it is NOT a Pentax Full Frame, it gets posted in the existing thread under an existing lens, only pentax FF cameras get a new thread for any lens
QuoteQuote:

IMO, format is a higher sort order than lens. The key point is, they are different formats. Just as there is a separate Q Index from APSc Index for each lens there is a need for a distinct FF Index for each lens. There have already been requests for a FF-specific sample archive, which is addressed by the FF Index (and the Search Engine, for automatic lenses).
perhaps as i noted above yes if it was considered in the onset, but considering that at this time, there is everything from the q, through 4/3 through FF digital, and also film in the regular archive, it is far too late now to scrap it. Also note that the Q index started independently in the mirrorless forum, and what i tried to do was to make it a little more presentable, based upon the way i thought it should be structured. it is a bear to manage however, as it has the need to link single posts into the table, therefore there is not a thread for each lens, there is only individual posts
QuoteQuote:

Do you propose to eliminate the FF Index or add additional links in the lens-specific table? I think there's room for both.
once i get the table sorted, and tided up a little, i propose to eliminate the FF index.

i have maintained all along that there should really be only one index.
05-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I don't see a reason to eliminate the FF index. Now that the K1 is out, many people crave FF samples, and it would be highly beneficial for them to have an index of FF-only samples.

That said, there would be nothing wrong with including FF samples in the regular threads, buy not the other way around.

A bit of cross indexing would be OK too, as long as the above constraint is maintained, IMO.

Adam

05-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I don't see a reason to eliminate the FF index. Now that the K1 is out, many people crave FF samples, and it would be highly beneficial for them to have an index of FF-only samples.

That said, there would be nothing wrong with including FF samples in the regular threads, buy not the other way around.

A bit of cross indexing would be OK too, as long as the above constraint is maintained, IMO.
fair enough. my principle concern was seeing the FF index static for several weeks even as lenses were added,

i have re-structured the index for the archive, see the last post in the archive index thread for the complete new index which still needs a couple of small tweaks before i copy it up to be the main index. It now includes the links to FF only threads as well.

while i understand the desire to see FF lenses on the K1, there are a lot of not only Manual lenses in the archive, but F, FA, and DA lenses shot on film bodies which are not found with the search tool because film scans also don;'t appear in the search engine. I will concede however, the interest in FF digital as opposed to film, which i guess is the unique purpose of the FF thread.

then what we need now is an agreed approach for rules, that covers which thread someone posts their shots into, basically due to the interest to promote FF pentax, and as i have now restructured the Archive index to display both threads together, i would not object to stressing that all Pentax FF shots should be in a Pentac FF only thread, any other shots with a lens, on anything other than a Pentax FF Body go in the regular archive thread.
05-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #12

Maybe Adam should add a category/prefix to the Subject/Topic as in the Post Your Photos section. Categories to include "Pentax Full Frame", "Other Full Frame" etc. Default to something other than PFF.
05-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Maybe Adam should add a category/prefix to the Subject/Topic as in the Post Your Photos section. Categories to include "Pentax Full Frame", "Other Full Frame" etc. Default to something other than PFF.
i am sure Adam will chime in as well, but when this archive started, there was no exif search engine, and no pentax FF DSLR, I started maintaining the index over 3 years ago, as it had fallen in disrepair and found that even with the advent of the EXIF search engine, i have seen this index grow from about 100-150 lenses when i took over maintaining the index, to about 300 today.

Unfortunately the bottom line is that we simply can't throw it all out and start over, but since there seems to be interest in what a lens can do specifically on a full frame body, this second index has come about.

so we have a second index, and i have modified the main index to include postings that are Pentax full frame only.

thats about as good as it will ever get. but it has me thinking. if the EXIF engine can search on bodies, and narrow only the search to this forum, then it should be able to find what ever is posted here for full frame, something to play with.