Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2017, 04:38 PM   #1

Fa1:2.8 50mm macro

Man I found this lens for like 175.00 in excellent shape and I really like it. Been keeping in on my k10D for a while now. Long exposure shots.

05-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice find- that's a great price! Gotta say though, at full size you can definitely see some noise in this shot. But still quite pretty

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-30-2017, 03:00 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Very nice find- that's a great price! Gotta say though, at full size you can definitely see some noise in this shot. But still quite pretty
So is the noise in the lens or can you fix that with the settings, I'm still learning, and a little more lighter sky the noise was not quite as bad, plus my camera is older a k10d.. still trying to learn..

---------- Post added 05-30-17 at 06:05 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I thinks I was at f19 iso 100, for like 45seconds.like I say I'm still learning thinking about getting a K3, would love to have a K1 but not in the budget right now.
05-30-2017, 05:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The noise is in the camera, not the lens. The K10D is a great camera, but it's relatively old. So its performance in areas like long exposures or high ISO is not going to be up to par with more modern cameras.

05-30-2017, 05:27 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
The noise is in the camera, not the lens. The K10D is a great camera, but it's relatively old. So its performance in areas like long exposures or high ISO is not going to be up to par with more modern cameras.
Thanks so much i know it's old, but in good lighting and certain situations it still takes some great pics, thanks for the indormation. I was wonderng about that, still learning, looking at getting a K3, where i really can't afford a k1 right now

05-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's unfortunate you did not follow the instructions and add your lenses to the existing thread for this lens from the archive index

Pentax FA 50/2.8 Macro - PentaxForums.com
05-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
It's unfortunate you did not follow the instructions and add your lenses to the existing thread for this lens from the archive index

Pentax FA 50/2.8 Macro - PentaxForums.com
Yeah I'm sorry, I realized afterwards that I made.a mistake.. once again I apologize.

05-30-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clking61 Quote
Yeah I'm sorry, I realized afterwards that I made.a mistake.. once again I apologize.
Maybe Adam can patch the post of this thread to the main one
05-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So is the noise in the lens or can you fix that with the settings, I'm still learning, and a little more lighter sky the noise was not quite as bad, plus my camera is older a k10d.. still trying to learn..
---------- Post added 05-30-17 at 06:05 AM ----------
I thinks I was at f19 iso 100, for like 45seconds.like I say I'm still learning thinking about getting a K3, would love to have a K1 but not in the budget right now.
To help camera reduce noise a bit, I would go anywhere from f8 to f11 ISO100 and keep exposure time to around 15 to 20 sec depend on the available light at the scene. And K3 will definitely improve image quality for this type of shooting. I have K3 + FA50 macro and use them for night cityscape with a lot of reflection and light trails all the time, starbursts looks good and over all sharpness are best at f8-11. I love the combo for city night scene.

I hope this will help.
05-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's just due to the older sensor. While newer sensors are much better in this respect, post-processing software should also be able to clean it up fairly well.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: