Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2020, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Kevin B123's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Hampshire
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,386
I have just found this thread. Anyone pointing this lens at the night sky?, how is the coma in the corners?, should be fine of course being a macro.

02-05-2020, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
SharkyCA's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 799
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
So I bought the lens yesterday. Now I need a slightly better weather to be able to go out and play with this new toy
No excuses! Weather sealed! Can't wait for mine to arrive in Canada!

Link IRIX 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 Lens for Pentax K IL-150DF-P B&H
02-07-2020, 07:17 AM - 4 Likes   #48
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,795
Original Poster
02-07-2020, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #49
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,795
Original Poster




02-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #50
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,923
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
all the things you could want in a mid-length macro: sharp, color, even smooth bokeh....

I've been using it hand-held, and it can be ponderous.. but it seems to be worth it...
One question from my side.

In the review, there was information that the lens has KA mount. But there's something strange.
In case of other KA lenses I switch the camera to aperture priority mode and I am allowed to set the lens's aperture by the body.
But in case of this Irix lens, this does not work. When I move with the aperture control wheel, I can see that the time value changes instead. But there remains f2.8 in the aperture window.

Is this behaviour the same in your case, or could there be something wrong with my lens?
(I've tried it on my K-7 so far.)


EDIT: So I've attached the lens to KP and everything seems to be as it should.
So now I'm wondering what's different in case of K-7. Obviously there must be some compatibility issue?

Last edited by zzeitg; 02-08-2020 at 08:39 AM.
02-08-2020, 09:10 AM   #51
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,795
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
One question from my side.

In the review, there was information that the lens has KA mount. But there's something strange.
In case of other KA lenses I switch the camera to aperture priority mode and I am allowed to set the lens's aperture by the body.
But in case of this Irix lens, this does not work. When I move with the aperture control wheel, I can see that the time value changes instead. But there remains f2.8 in the aperture window.

Is this behaviour the same in your case, or could there be something wrong with my lens?
(I've tried it on my K-7 so far.)


EDIT: So I've attached the lens to KP and everything seems to be as it should.
So now I'm wondering what's different in case of K-7. Obviously there must be some compatibility issue?


sounds like an issue with the K-7; this lens changes aperture when I use the aperture control wheel on my K-3..
02-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #52
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,923
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
sounds like an issue with the K-7; this lens changes aperture when I use the aperture control wheel on my K-3..

Well, I tried to attach another KA mount lenses to the K-7 and everything works fine. Interesting....

Would there be another guy who owns both K-7 and Irix 150 to make a test...? Small chance, I guess.

02-08-2020, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #53
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,795
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Well, I tried to attach another KA mount lenses to the K-7 and everything works fine. Interesting....

one thing I have noticed with the Irix 150 that is odd - as a manual-focus lens, it is the only MF lens I own that I do not have to enter the lens' focal length.

granted, all the other MF lenses I have are much older, but it was a bit unexpected to me...

it seems there is more to this lens that originally expected, but in a positive manner for me...
02-08-2020, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,923
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
one thing I have noticed with the Irix 150 that is odd - as a manual-focus lens, it is the only MF lens I own that I do not have to enter the lens' focal length.


Yeah, I was surprised also. Anyway, the focal length is communicated to the camera and Flickr shows it (but not the lens name).
02-08-2020, 10:41 AM - 3 Likes   #55
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,923
Couple of test photos.



02-08-2020, 03:27 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
SharkyCA's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 799
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Well, I tried to attach another KA mount lenses to the K-7 and everything works fine. Interesting....

Would there be another guy who owns both K-7 and Irix 150 to make a test...? Small chance, I guess.
I have this lens ordered, but you got me thinking!

Follow this link for compatibility :Pentax K-7 and Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro 1:1 - Compatibility | PentaxForums.com
02-11-2020, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
SharkyCA's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 799
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
a fairly-new lens, but kinda surprised that it isn't represented here (yet)



Un-boxing and testing my new Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 lens! Very excited but need to build up some muscle!

Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 | Flickr

Not much PP done other than cropping, also using new PP software PhotoDirector11 has some nice features!

Enjoy!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
02-11-2020, 07:56 PM   #58
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,795
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Un-boxing and testing my new Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 lens! Very excited but need to build up some muscle!

Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 | Flickr

Not much PP done other than cropping, also using new PP software PhotoDirector11 has some nice features!

Enjoy!


I was thoroughly impressed with the packaging of the lens....
02-17-2020, 05:55 AM   #59
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,795
Original Poster


02-17-2020, 05:56 AM   #60
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter
pepperberry farm's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: probably out in a field somewhere...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 28,795
Original Poster
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
150mm f2.8 macro, camera, farm, flickr, irix 150mm f2.8, pentax lens, sample photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irix Dragonfly 150 2.8 Macro 1:1 $299 landofcourtness Pentax Price Watch 19 06-07-2020 11:33 AM
Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro lens is on sale for $495 a B&H. gaweidert Pentax Price Watch 2 11-08-2019 05:46 PM
Irix Dragonfly 150mm Macro Mistral75 Pentax News and Rumors 156 02-11-2019 07:16 AM
For Sale - Sold: Irix 15mm f/2.4 Blackstone with Irix 100mm filter holder and Light pollution filter valimyr Sold Items 3 10-26-2018 03:17 PM
Ultra wide angle Irix 15mm or Irix 11mm matroxication Pentax K-1 & K-1 II 67 09-19-2018 10:01 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top