Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Unregistered

[langtitle=da]Valg af objektiv til koncert fotografi[/langtitle]

Jeg håber på lidt hjælp. Jeg er begyndt at tage en masse billeder til dårligt belyste koncerter og investerede derfor i et Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 objektiv som jeg egentlig er ok tilfreds med. mit hus er et Pentax K-r.
Jeg kunne dog rigtig godt tænke mig noget mere lysfølsomt da jeg ikke synes eg kan få rigtig gode billeder ud af hvad jeg har, uden at bruge flash - og gerne vil prøve mig på nogle større spillesteder hvor man jo ikke må det... Er der nogen der har nogle gode råd?
Jeg vælter mig ikke i penge, så billige løsninger (hvis de da findes) er mere end velkomne :-)

08-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could always go with a manual focus lens, such as the M 50mm F1.4 or M 50mm F1.7.
Pentax-M 50mm F1.4 Reviews - M Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Complete Lens Database

And if you want autofocus, the FA 50mm F1.4 is excellent for low-light photography:
Pentax-FA 50mm F1.4 Reviews - FA Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Complete Lens Database

Feel free to browse our Pentax lens database or the third-party database for more options!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Faster won't really exist in a zoom of course, but if you are going to do larger venues a 70-200 2.8 is useful (and big venues generally have more than enough light, clubs are really the biggest problem for lighting
In clubs I mostly shoot with my DA14 2.8 and Sigma 24-70 2.8 - For AF anyway
I also always have a fast 50 with me. the options are numerous out there, I use one of these 3
Super Tak 50 f1.4
Super Tak 55 f1.8
SMC M 50 f1.7

I have no issue using Manual focus though, but have to admit in low rate my keeper rate does drop

If you need AF the FA 50 1.4 is an excellent choice

Wider and fast the main options (aside from the 31 ltd) would be the Sigma fast primes (24, 28and 30 all 1.4 If I'm not mistaken)

I'll be shooting Imelda May tonight for a reviewer and will likely shoot most of it with the M50 as the venue has crap lighting, and I still will revert to b/w for a lot of it (my K7 isn't as good in low light as your KR I stick to 1600 or less if possible, but will bump to 3200 if needed - wish I had a K5 )
08-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
The fastest zooms are f2.8. With such zooms your only option is to increase ISO.

You might consider fast primes including an 85:1.4. (a factor of 4 faster).

08-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I'd highly suggest a fast prime, such as what Adam and newarts have recommended. I have used my FA50 f/1.4 for concert photography with and w/o flash and it makes a huge difference having the speed on your side. My favorite shots in low-light have come from the FA50, for both concerts and portraits. For around the same price as the FA50, you can get an 85mm, like what newarts recommends, manual focus lens like the Samyang/Viv/Rokinon 85 f/1.4. Just depends on how long of a reach you'd like to have.
08-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If you need autofocus, the most cost-effective choice is the FA50/1.4. If you are comfortable with manual focus, then many 50mm and 55mm f/1.4 lenses in Pentax PK bayonet mount and M42 screwmount can be found. For larger venues, you will need a longer lens. The Takumar Bayonet 135/2.5 in PK mount is good and cheap (just don't aim directly into lights), and the M42 S-M-C Talumar 135/2.5 is excellent and not too expensive. Most of the fast choices between 55mm and 135mm are expensive. But if you can afford them, various 85mm lenses around f/2 are great.

Ultra-fast manual-focus lenses can be difficult to focus correctly. My fastest is a K50/1.2; I would not use it, not an 85/1.4 lens, in a concert situation. Even f/1.4 may be tricky. Your Kr has excellent higher ISO performance. You should try shooting at ISO 6400 or above. Good luck!