Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Unregistered

Help with file name/number

I have recently bought my first DSLR - a Pentax K-r and I am very happy with it so far. Obviously I am still learing how to operate it.

When I first started using the camera, the file names/numbers started with 'IMGP'. Now it is '_IGP'. Can anybody tell me why or how this can happen and if it is possible to return it to 'IMGP'?

Best wishes

Michael

08-07-2011, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I'm not sure with your Kr; check the manual under FILE NAME. But with my K20D, the different names reflect a different COLOR SPACE (look that up too), either standard sRGB with IMGPxxxx.xxx, or AdobeRBG with _IGPxxxx.xxx. AdobeRGB is mainly used with industrial printing and its pictures will look lighter than sRGB pictures on standard display devices like computer monitors. You may have deliberately or accidentally changed the color space. So depending on what you're doing with your pictures, you're stuck with one name system or the other; or you can just change back. Hope this helps!
08-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Unregistered

Many thanks RioRico. It's the color space just as you said

Best wishes

Michael