Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
James Wallace

Downloading pictures.

Hi, I wonder if you could help me. I have a Pentax Optio E85 which I have forgotten how to use. I have the manual but it dosn't tell me how to set the camera to USB mode as I now want to download pictures onto my computer. I know it must be simple as I have done it before but the manual does not say specifically how to get to the usb mode on the camera. I plug into the computer via the usb cable but the camera screen shows 'processing' and then after a short while goes to 'Connecting fail!' Help please.

08-11-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Do you perhaps have a damaged usb cable?
If the transfer is the same as with my Pentax DSLRs then the camera should be detected as an external hard drive on powering on while already connected to the pc.
08-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
James,

Most computer these days have a card slot that will fit the E85 SD card.
Plug it in there and copy the files using the file manager/ windows explorer.

Cheers, Bert
08-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It lists the E80 and E90 but not the E85, but I imagine they are very similar:

Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service : PENTAX

08-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by James Wallace Quote
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. I have a Pentax Optio E85 which I have forgotten how to use. I have the manual but it dosn't tell me how to set the camera to USB mode as I now want to download pictures onto my computer. I know it must be simple as I have done it before but the manual does not say specifically how to get to the usb mode on the camera. I plug into the computer via the usb cable but the camera screen shows 'processing' and then after a short while goes to 'Connecting fail!' Help please.
Do you have the camera set for Printer (on usb connection) by any chance? I've never owned any of these cameras so that's just a stab in the dark. There should be nothing to connecting a camera to a computer via USB other than just plugging it in, I've been doing it for 7 years.