Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #1
richard ryan

mr

hi bought a pentax optios10 from comets couple of yeqrs ago for my wife. she treated it with loving cre,hardly ever used. suddenly the lcd screen went black. comets told me to scap it! any other suggestions please?

08-24-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hard to advise here without more information Richard.
Did it go black whilst in use (normally)? Or did it go black after an extended period of non-use? Were there batteries inside during storage? Are the battery contacts clean and firm on the battery? Is your battery new? It may well be worth your while getting a new camera as repairing any fatal problem with the Optio would probaby cost you nearly the same price as getting a new and more capable camera.
08-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
richard ryan

hi ash
the screen didnt come up as normal after the wife hadnt used it in some months. the battery was left in the camera fully charged and clean terminals,can go through the cmera options etc but screen remains dead. thanks for your help i shall just have to let her use my sonny,ouch!