Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
devnu11

Digital Version P30T?

I have a Pentax P30t camera and Sigma 75-300 lens which fits the camera. Is there a digital camera which I could use this lens on? Thanks.

09-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Probably all Pentax DSLR would work. They would work easier if the lens has an "A" setting on the aperture ring though.
09-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes, the lens will work with all pentax DSLRs.

This is probably your lens, and it has the A setting, so all you'll have to do manually is focus: Sigma 75-300mm DL Macro 1:4-5.6 "A" Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
If you have the earlier version (the one with the ricoh pin), then you probably won't want to use it as it could get stuck.
Sears 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Multicoated Auto Zoom Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
devnu11

I appreciate the time spent in replying to my thread. I'm thinking the lens might be best suited on my Pentax body and 35mm film. I only used Amazon as a quick reference and learned a new body would cost much more than I paid for the lens ~17 years ago. In the past I managed to take some nice amateur quality shots and was pleased with the lens for what I invested. I guess I was hoping for a similar priced digital replacement for the P30T. Thank you for the info.

09-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Are you planning on getting a K-r?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by devnu11 Quote
I have a Pentax P30t camera and Sigma 75-300 lens which fits the camera. Is there a digital camera which I could use this lens on? Thanks.
Buy a Pentax *istDS or K110D used from eBay for $150.-.

Will take better photos than your P30T and digital is fun. Go for it.

Digital SLRs are expensive, so you may not get much advice for a cheap camera from us enthusiast photographers we all are in this forum.

E.g., a K-5 is $1000+ but it is worth it