Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Raquel D.

Why won't my lightmeter on my Ashai Pentax 6x7 work?

I read the manual, the battery is working, and the lens is properly put in place but the light meter remains all the way at top +

Is there any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong / can do to fix this?

Thanks!

10-18-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Remove the lens and then remove the prism. Look to see that the chain that drives the meter coupler is in place (small slot at the front of the screen). If it appears good, replace the prism and then mount the lens and see if that fixes it.
The idea is to make sure that you mount the prism before you mount the lens.
« out of focus | ME »

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, pentax help