Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
Barry F

Pentax K-r FF problems- Pentax are working on new firmware (evidently)

I've contacted Pentax UK regarding consistent and massive FF I've quite a few threads on DPR about this. Obviously I've not been happy about this problem since buying a K-r (great camera major AF problems in lower kelvin light)

I've sent off some fairly strongly worded letters to both Pentax UK and Pentax HQ in Japan and been in touch with their service staff in the UK.
Today out of frustration I've called yet again over the phone.

The service operator now informs me that Pentax are, as a priority now working on a new firmware update for the K-r to address this specific issue. Evidently the disaster in Japan had delayed this, but work has started again and they hope to have firmware available soon for the K-r. I was not given any indication of time scale when it might be available but was assured it was a priority fix for Pentax and they are well aware of the problem with AF in lower kelvin light.

How accurate this is I can't say I just wanted to pass this onto K-r users who might be interested. This is at least a good sign..though it remains to be seen how effective a FW fix can be for this we can hope it does solve the problem.

12-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the update, Barry! Hope it's true and they can somehow fix this with firmware.
12-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #3

I a german forum someone said that a more or less reliable source mentioned that Ricoh "ordered" Pentax to review both the firmwares for the recent bodies.