Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
carla

W90 problems and worldwide warranty query

I've read somewhere that the W90 has been discontinued, I have one and it has just died on me for the second time. I bought one early 2010 and it would turn on take one photo without me touching anything and then freeze. I returned it and had another one sent out and now the exact same thing has happened!!!! So frustrating. I live in Australia and I bought it from BHS in New York so of course no-one in Australia will touch it. Any suggestions on where in the US I should send it? BHS were ok about replacing the earlier one but this one is probably out of warranty now. I don't want another one, would LOVE to write a huge complaint to Pentax and get a refund, anyone have any suggestions?????

01-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe you're correct- the W90 was discontinued last year and replaced by the WG-1. I believe that this year we'll see a replacement for that as well.

There's a 1-year warranty on all Pentax products, unless you purchased the extended warranty option.

You should contact Pentax USA and try to get it serviced even through it's out of warranty. If your camera has a manufacturing defect, they'll probably try to fix it for you. Only thing you have to keep in mind is that they only ship to US addresses.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
carla

W90

thanks Adam, I'll try. I have to say that as this has happened twice to two different cameras, I don't really want it fixed, I want my money back! The funny thing is it always happens when I am on holiday wanting to shoot underwater so I end up hiring another camera because the Pentax has died. I will see what Pentax US has to say.
thanks
Carla
01-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
AusPentaxService

International warranty and Service for Pentax

Pentax Australia will service any Pentax item purchased IN STORE from America. Although Items that are imported from overseas will not be covered by international warranty, They must be returned to Country of purchase as this is a grey import issue. Pentax Australia will also service any camera out of warranty purchased in America unless the item is uneconomical to repair or there are no parts available for the service. The later being unlikely as the Camera was released less than five years ago and there should be parts available. Also out of warranty repairs incur a repair charge. The Australian Service provider is CR Kennedy and CO. Depeneding on which State in Australia you live in The contact numbers are as follows.

VIC 03 98231555
NSW 02 95528300
QLD/NT 07 38626222
ADL 08 84100533
WA 08 93817144