Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Gwen

Pentax KM light meter problem

Hi i was given a Pentax KM and was told that the light meter may not work and after trying it with a battery iv found out that is not working. i was told recently that in some film cameras theres a sponge like strip at the top side just inside the camera (looking through where the lens joins to the camera) i was told that if this is damage or isn't there at all that that could be the main problem with the light mater. i was wandering if anyone knew about all this, as id be interest to know more and also if its possible to repair?!?!
help would be very much appreciated
Thank You!!

01-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The mirror bumper foam and foam light seals on the film door are likely to need replacement
on an older camera such as your Pentax KM, however this will not affect light meter function.

The KM is an excellent camera. It can be made to work good as new for a very reasonable price.
If you are located in USA I recommend you contact Eric Hendrickson: http://www.pentaxs.com

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 01-21-2012 at 06:50 PM.
01-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
Gwen

Thank you iv been searching everywhere for an answer, i not form the USA area but i will for sure look in to getting it fixed =)