Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Unregistered

orphaned sp II

I was going through a bunch of boxes and came across my deceased father-in-law's pentax spotmatic. I am not a camera buff and have no idea as to it's value. It looks in great shape and I am sure it has been in storage for some time.

01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

First , check/change battery, add and shoot a roll of film, then ask yourself what you want to do with the camera. There are folks doing great photography with these old cameras. If you are determined to part with the camera, check out the BUY/SELL section in the pull downs at the top of the page. If selling, post a photo of the camera and any accessories.......Cliff
01-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You are not going to get much for it, even if it's in mint condition because the seals are most likely gone to mush and to get a CLA done to the camera will cost you about $75.00. If you sell the camera as is, 20-50 bucks (maybe). In order to sell in PentaxForums marketplace, you need to register and donate 20.00 to gain your Site Supporter status. If that's worth doing so to you, welcome aboard, if not try selling it on your local CL.
01-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

What really matters is what len(s) are with it. The camera isn't worth much if anything but even old lenses are likley worth something if in good condition and may be worth a lot.