Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Elizabeth Ruby

Software for ACDSee for Pentax

I receive a Pentax S50 from my boss several years ago.. I never leave home w/o it ... seriously ! with it i recieved software for ACDSee and i loved it... Recently I got a virus on my computer and had to have my XP wiped , We re installed windows 7...Ugh... now I have to re install all my old programs Some I lost When I tried to install my ACDSee it would not finish because of compatibility issues. mine is date 2004. Is there any download available or do I have to purchase new software, which means I will have to go w/out because i can't afford it...????? Can you help me/// any suggestions ? Also so i may just throw this out... I emailed one of your site - with no response... because this last fall something happen to my view window... I don't recall ever dropping it , bumping it or anything like that...but the screen looks like a big o'l spider got smashed on it, web an all ! not able to preview anything or use my menu screen.... do you have any dealers in my area that can help me ?

thank you for your time, i look forward to your prompt response...

02-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

As for software there are several free ones that can be downloaded and work very well.As for your camera the cost of repair would be more than what you could buy a comparable or better one.
Jake
02-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess Windows 7 chewed your complete budget Depending on your needs, something like Irfanview or FastStone and a lot of others are available. Look them up on the web and decide. For just viewing, I use Irfanview when I use a Windows environment.

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
do you have any dealers in my area that can help me ?
And which area might that be? The official repair centre in the States is CRIS (as far as I know). I guess you can contact them, explain the problem and ask for a very rough estimate of the repair costs; or send the camera to them for an official quote. But I'm however afraid that repair might be (relative) expensive and not worth it.

On a side note: except for the fact that this site is about Pentax cameras, there is no official relationship with Pentax.
02-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Regarding ACDSee, if you have a 'previous version', quite often, you are able to update/upgrade for a lot less than RRP. I see that they are selling it for $ 79.99 US, as per "HERE":ACDSee Pro 5 - Photo Editing, Photo Management, Photo Editor, Digital Photography, RAW, Digital Asset Management, DAM at present, I don't know if that suits your budget? Also, ACDSee have come a long way with improvements since 2004 ( I have been using it since 2007) and Pro 5 is definitely compatible with Win7., plus it does have a wide range of RAW formats that it does support. I have a Pentax K 5 and K20D and know it does support them both. You can also trial Pro5 for 30days to make sure it is right for you.
Hope this helps.