Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
jan101

uv filters

Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise me? I have acquired some Peachtree uv lenses from my late uncle but don`t need them. Do people use them? (i cant find any info on peachtree) and should I ebay them, carboot them or donate them? Any advice please.
Thankyou

02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never heard of Peachtree, but people do use UV filters. They're not generally high value items, and with an obscure brand I doubt you'd be able to get very much for them.
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
jan101

thankyou, I will see if anyone buys them at my next car boot, if not I will give them to a charity shop
02-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Peachtree Marketing was a purveyor of inexpensive mediocre quality products in the 1970s and into the 1980s. Nothing the sold was good for much. What you might find useful is to pull the glass out of the filters and mount the rings onto any lenses they fit so that on the off chance you drop a lens the ring will take the brunt of the impact.

02-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Peachtree Marketing was a purveyor of inexpensive mediocre quality products in the 1970s and into the 1980s. Nothing the sold was good for much. What you might find useful is to pull the glass out of the filters and mount the rings onto any lenses they fit so that on the off chance you drop a lens the ring will take the brunt of the impact.
What a good idea for the real cheap filters.