Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Steve B.

Pentax K1000 and Pentax K200

I have an old Pentax K1000 with several lenses and accessories. I have recently purchased a new Pnetax K200 digital camera. The old lenses will mount on the new body but I haven't figured out to get them to work. I am an amateur and not well versed in this. Any help would be appreiciated.

02-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve B. Quote
I have an old Pentax K1000 with several lenses and accessories. I have recently purchased a new Pnetax K200 digital camera. The old lenses will mount on the new body but I haven't figured out to get them to work. I am an amateur and not well versed in this. Any help would be appreiciated.
I've got a K200D (my first DSLR) too, it's a blast with manual lenses. The focusing can be difficult sometimes at the wider apertures, but it's still fun! I haven't used an autofocus lens in probably 3 months. I'm just having that much fun with these manual primes.

Enjoy!!!
02-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I use catch-in-focus with my manual lens. Works great, especially when doing macro/closeups.

02-22-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve B. Quote
Adam has given you the proper link, but to be K200D-specific:

First of all set 'Using Aperture Ring' to 'Permitted' in the Cusrom Setting menu of your camera. It is Custom Setting Item #23 on the K200D.

For more detail se page 76 on the Custom Settings and page 230 on Aperture Ring Use in the K200D manual. In case you didn't get that together with the camera you can find it here:

Pentax K200D - Digital SLRs - Pentax Camera Database and Reviews - DSLR, Digital, and Legacy Cameras
02-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Just in case..... Do your lenses have the "A" position on the aperture ring? (KA Mount?) If yes, you need to push in that little button on the aperture ring and turn it to the "A" position to get the full functionality of the program modes on the K200D (and all other DSLR's).