Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Rexten

Tokina 17mm SL/RMC Difference

Hello everyone, I just bought a Tokina 17mm off of Ebay. In the description it was listed as an SL, and the original box that was pictured also said SL. Well, it showed up today and the lens itself says RMC on it. I've tried to search for the difference online, but haven't had much luck so i'm throwing it out to your collective genius. Also, when i look through the viewfinder it appears to have a fine grain over the entire surface. Kinda looks like the grain that you might see when using high iso film. My other lens, a 50 1.7, looks like it might have a similar texture but to a lesser degree. I noticed it right away on the Tokina. Both lenses are on a ME Super, if that makes a difference.

03-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there, I don't know if you have check out lens database there seems to be something what can help you out. Grainy look can come from view finder, lenses with narrower Dof show it less. If grain appears to your film too, then it is different thing. RMC should indicare to multicoatings(MC) can't remenberwhich was R, but should be maker?!

Hope this helps...
03-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Check this out:
Tokina RMC 17mm f/3.5 - Review / Lab Test Report