Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Tonypandy

K5 + Sigma 600mm Mirror Lens

How do I get this combination to operate either AF or MF?

Ta

03-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The sigma 600mm is manual focus:

Sigma 600mm F8 Mirror Telephoto Multicoated Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

So just set the AF switch on the side of your camera to MF and focus away

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Might be a good idea to state what it is doing wrong (except for 'it does not work') And if it's an AF or MF lens (from the question it can be both, but I suspect it to be the latter).

A guess might be that you have to allow the use of the aperture ring in one of the K5 menus; do you get F-- in the top display?
Also use M mode and the green button; not that familiar with mirror lenses, but if I'm not mistaken they have a fixed aperture.

More details will help us to help you
03-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Tonypandy

Idiot

Re my post asking how to use K% with Sigma 600mm mirro lens.

Menu C4
#27 "Using Aperture Ring
Go from 'Prohibited" to "Permitted"
Aperture Ring 2

Voila

Dai Tup

03-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
Tonypandy

Thanks to "STERRETJE" sPOT oN,
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

If you're ever in doubt about how to use a manual lens and to avoid metering issues, here's the complete guide:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: