Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Unregistered

cant download images..decode error etc

I am having trouble downloading images from my memory card via the camera (pentax k-x) to computer via usb hookup. I tried photoshop and it says the filed is damaged or is a format that cannot be included in the organizer. I tried irfanview and it says decode error , quanitization table 0x00 was not defined. Prior to this card I had trouble formatting the memory card so bought this one. This one formatted perfectly. Guess I will first buy another memory card .. I have to get px off this card before I can try to reformat it and that is the problem. Also I get a lot of px that say "This image cannot be displayed "on camera screen.. after taking.

05-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you format the card in your camera? Sounds like the data on there is corrupt for some reason or another. If the camera can't play your photos, then there's not much you can do, I don't think.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: