Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
Alice M

exposure problem with Pentax SF1 film camera

I have a 23 yr old Pentax SLR SF1 camera which intermittantly seems to open the lens and let light into the camera. I get back pictures from the developer that have pink streaks across them. This will not be consistant for the entire roll of 24 exposures, but will affect three or four pictures in a row. It seems to occur when I look through the lens and it initially appears blurry, and the picture taking button will not depress. This was my late husband's camera. I have always throught it took very good pictures until now. What could be the problem?

06-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
will affect three or four pictures in a row
By chance if you could show us the three images?
06-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Just a wild guess, but it might be light leaks from the back door. After 23 years, its possible that the foam seals have deteriorated, and now fail to seal the camera against light.

Open the back of the camera and examine the grooves around the back of the body, where the film door closes. Usually, there is a thin strip of foam in the groove. Over time, the foam can deterioate and turn into a gooey mess, or get brittle and fall out.

If that's what it is, replacing them is not too difficult to do yourself.

A picture or two, showing the streaks would be a big help in diagnosing the problem.