Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Unregistered

Color to black and white picture..

Trying to go from color to black and white on my settings have a Kr pentax camera..

06-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
ya me too! - waiting to see what help you get, I have downloaded my manual trying searching for key words, and tried everything, I was starting to think I was extra stupid, as I can't figure it out. I can do all those filter things with the picking out colours and toy filters etc. but I can't find how to just switch it to take photos in black and white. so GOOD question I say :-)
06-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found this one on the web doing a google search, hope it helps.

QuoteQuote:
To shoot in black and white, you will need to access Custom Image. You cannot do Custom Image in any of the automatic modes or scene modes. Make sure your K-r is in either program, shutter priority, aperture priority, or manual mode. After that, press the info button. On the next screen, go to the option that says Custom Image. Then, choose your custom filter. Black and white should be the very last one, I believe. Remember that choosing black and white will set it as the default filter, even after you turn your K-r off. To change it back to normal, just repeat the process and choose any of the other Custom Image options. You can also set the green button as a shortcut button for Custom Image
06-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #4

thank you photolady, but the info button links to Custom Image but this is the white balance

06-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tweet25 Quote
thank you photolady, but the info button links to Custom Image but this is the white balance
No, Custom Image is not White Balance. White Balance is accessed from the WB button. The Custom Image menu should present 7 custom images (Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vubrabt, Muted, and Monochrome).

The six color settings will allow you to adjust Saturation, Hue, High Key/Low Key, Contrast, and Sharpness.

Monochrome will allow you to adjust Filter Effect, Toning, High Key/Low Key, Contrast, and Sharpness.
06-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just in case you don't understand, Monochrome is Black and White.
06-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #7

:-) thank you ok when i go home at lunch I will clear my head and try again. I think i might have to hit the menu button to start and not the info button.....

06-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tweet25 Quote
:-) thank you ok when i go home at lunch I will clear my head and try again. I think i might have to hit the menu button to start and not the info button.....
You can actually hit either. Hitting the Menu button Custom Image will be the first item in the first menu, right above File Format. If you hit the Info Button Custom Image is already selected and you can change the Custom Image using the e-Dial.

This is what you will see when you hit Info...

Name:  contolpanel.png
Views: 175
Size:  33.1 KB

If you are in Bright, just turn the e-Dial to the left and you will be in Monochrome.

Last edited by boriscleto; 06-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.
06-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #9

Thank you ! Thank you! X's 100 thank you .