Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
Kiwi Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Nice shots, Ross. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably pick up a 5-300mm before I go. I'm just pondering the DA vs DAL. Big price difference but I'm leaning towards the DA. I like the idea of the shorter focal length wide angles too but think that might have to wait.
For reasons too long to explain I have 2 copies of the 55-300 at the moment, a DA and a DAL. I prefer the DA - metal base, quick shift and a hood being the main advantages over the DAL. Optically I don't know that there are any differences, but because of the metal base connection, and quick shift the DA feels like it will last longer.

I took the DA with me to the Baltic region and was very happy with the performance. The DAL arrived a week ago as part of a kit I purchased.

It all depends on the budget of course, but I prefer the DA.

Ross

07-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #17
Keyser McCool

ordered the DA 55-300

I ended up ordering the DA 55-300 when it dropped from $430 to $360 this week. Thanks for all the advice.
07-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
Kiwi Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope you enjoy using the lens, and also the cruise. Don't forget to get a circular polarizing filter for it, makes all the difference with shots across water