Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Sarah N

Inputting focal length of vintage lens to K100D

Help! I have a K100D and have only recently begun experimenting with older lenses that I used with a K1000. I have a K mount Vivitar 100-300 zoom that I'd like to use, but am confused about focal length. When I set the K100D up to use this lens and I see the screen for inputting focal length, what number should I select? Is there just one number to use in this situation, or do I have to go back into the menu and re-select each time I change how far in I'm trying to zoom? Hoping there's a quick and simple answer to this question, as I'm leaving soon on vacation and want to do some wildlife photography. Thanks for any help!

07-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can just select the lower end of the range. You'll get worse performance at 300mm, but at least none of your photos will have SR-induced blur

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, help, k100d, length, lens, pentax help