Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
William Bane

Lens Fit

Will the lens from a Petri FT fit my Pentax Kr?

07-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I doubt it very much. For one thing the Petri was a half-frame camera, so you would have horrible vignetting (your K-R is 2/3 frame = larger). I also vaguely remember that the mount register (distance from mount to film/sensor) is considerably shorter.
07-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If the FT lens is a screw mount (M42) then yes it will work. I know that they did have a period of m42 mounts and later bayonet type mount. The bayonet versions will not work unless you modify it. As for the M42 versions you will need an M42 adapter for it to work. It is not compatible straight out of the box.
07-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
What model of FT? The original FTs used a proprietary bayonet that won't fit. The later models from the mid-late 70s that I can remember used the 42mm screw thread that will fit via a converter, albeit with no aperture control. I think the final model before they went bust was a K bayonet, but that wasn't an FT. The question is, why would you want to?

07-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I doubt it very much. For one thing the Petri was a half-frame camera, so you would have horrible vignetting (your K-R is 2/3 frame = larger). I also vaguely remember that the mount register (distance from mount to film/sensor) is considerably shorter.
I don't think any of the SLRs were half frame, just some fixed lens compacts.