Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Leanne Chaney

Osawa Lens on Pentax K200

Hi- I have just retrieved a long lost lens and think it got switched....can a osawa MC 1:4:5 80-205 be used on a Pentax K200? I swear I used this before but now, It won't work on manual and it balks at other settings (wont read). I usually use manual settings as I like to play around but no go..... Thank you for your help!

07-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The name of the lens manufacturer doesn't help in determining if it will fit your camera - most manufacturers make/made lenses to fit different models of cameras. Your lens works with your camera if it was one of the ones that company made to fit Pentax cameras. Unfortu ately, they seldom print that info on the klenscor some reason. You just have to look at the lens mount and see if it matches what a lens for Pentax is supposed to look like. If it phsycially fits, that's your answer right there.

As for why it doesn't appear at first to work, see the stick thread at the top of the Beginner's forum on how to use manual lenses.
07-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #3

Hi,

I have an Osawa lens, 200mm prime I used on my Ricoh film cameras. Mine doesn't work on my K-r either. If infact yours is a K-mount lens and you have everything set on your camera for using the aperature ring correctly, check the metal mount its self. On mine, there is a recess on the mount face so it doesn't make contact with the camera pins making the camera "think" there is no lens at all on the camera.

I have yet to do it but shorting the pins or filling the recess with aluminum tape should cure this.

Let us know if this works for you. I may get around to trying it too.

Rodger
07-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have one of these, bought for me by my sister in Singapore in early 1979. It fits the original manual K mount. I suspect the issue you have is that same issue of fitting any original K mount lens - you need to know how to use the 'green button', or the half press of shutter release and AE-L button to get an iris close on models like K100DS.

Check other threads for 'green button', but it will make many threads appear.

BTW: does anyone know how or where I can get details of the construction of this lens so I can open it for cleaning?