Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Partsman

SD card trouble

On a Pentax Optio RS1500, I have tried 3 different brand new SD cards 8gb, 4gb and a 16gb card. All show to format and when I take pictures they show on the screen. When I turn off the camera and turn it back on in a few hours or the next day it shows card not formatted. The review button does not allow me to see any photos on the card----says card has a problem.I take the card and put it in a SD card reader on my computer and there are no pictures on the card.
I tried 3 different new cards --all different brand name ones. Is there a problem with the camera menu setup( wrong settings), with the camera or me??

08-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
Ari
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sounds like there is a problem with the camera, unfortunately. I had the same issue with my k7. The entire slot and mechanism had to be replaced.
08-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
partsman

SD card problem

I tried the SD cards in another camera and they work fine. Guess I need a repair on the camera.
08-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by partsman Quote
I tried the SD cards in another camera and they work fine. Guess I need a repair on the camera.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case. Sorry.