Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Hollon

WG-1 issue

I just bought a new WG-1 and on the second use...first time in the water, the focus assist/self timer light wont go off.Even when the camera is turned off, it stays on. I thought I would try removing the battery, and when I did, I noticed there was a small amount of water in there. This doesnt bode well I am thinking. Is it a short turning the light on, or do I have an incorrect setting?

02-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
andrew88

same problem

I just bought my wg-1 and on the first use, took it into the water, just floating along the surface taking videos of turtles. It was a ton of fun but i noticed some steam on the screen and later the lens after I got on the boat. i took the battery out and let everything sit open so it could dry out. waited a few hours and continued taking pictures on land but they were all pretty much garbage as they had a slight fog to them. now, the red light on the front of the camera near where it says "adventure proof", hah, is constantly flickering, even when the camera is off. The camera turns on and i can go through all the functions but when i go to use the automatic mode, it wont take a picture. probably because it needs to use the flash and that got messed up.

i didnt even go deep so im wondering if i did something wrong or if the camera is bunk?

amanseth88@gmail.com if you have any solutions
02-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
timmytation

timer light stays on even when the camera is off

Same thing happened to my WG-1. The timer light won't go off even when the camera has been turned off. I tried removing the battery then putting it back on but the orange light is still on. What to do? How do you turn it off? It might discharge the battery if I leve the battery inside. Please help. Thanks
02-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

Did you try taking the battery out and reinserting.

02-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #5

If these are very new, I would send them back to the place you bought them, or send them to Pentax and ask for a replacement....that just shouldn't happen, but there are always a lemon or two....