Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
terry p

transferring photos

Came back from travelling-photos showing on camera but will memory card says empty. HELP any ideas?? Errors showing 0x8000000a

08-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Give this a go. It's free and powerful - I used it the other day when my computer dumped a load of important pictures. I got them all back, despite having deleted all images and completely filling the card up again with more. Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download. Or how about plugging your camera into a USB port and transferring the images that way? Either way, hope it works and I think it might be time to get a new card - I've never had any problems with either Sandisk or Lexar.
08-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Definitely try plugging the camera into the computer. You may have a bad card reader. Those kind of errors are often hardware or memory problems on the computer.
08-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

As above.

When I put the SD card into my laptop it won't pick anything up (or when it does, it does it sporadically)

I find plugging the camera into the computer to be a lot more reliable (plus, in my warped mind it means I'm less likely to have the SD card fail the less it's removed and replaced)

08-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Recovery software might retrieve the images. Something to do when you put a new card in the camera always format the card from the menu. Don't take the card out and put it back in, and don't fill it completely leave space for a shot or two. Memory is so cheap now it's better to have several smaller cards in case something goes wrong ( for example four 8gb cards or two 16gb instead of one 32gb card) that way if the images aren't retrievable you won't have lost everything. Also buy brand name memory like Sandisk.