Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
jt talor

ME Super Questions

yes ive just bought one of those old me super 35mm film cameras ,plus i got a new 300mm zoom lenses with it in its lenes bag ,,, too, plus the camera is like brand new ok i took it to my camera shop they cleaned it made sure everything was tip top shape he said its as good as the day it was made like new . not scratched up or damaged anyplace ,looks new but all those numbers on the lenes has got me confysed im not at all famular with those type camera lenes ok im use to a digital camera and have no idea of where to set the numbers on those big zoom lens at or even stasrt with the camera wher do i set the numbers at to get started ,and what does those numbers make this camera do? ,now just for intance if i want to go out side right now with the sun nice and bright , what speed film would i use ,and where do i set or turn the rings with all those numbers on it where do i turn the numbers too , to take a rergular photo , thanks if you can help me ,ps ,ive got the books that came with it from the co, when it was bought new ok but i dont know what its trying to tell me because im not famular with the camera labguage are the camera ,, thanks jim . lou ky , usa PS CAN YOU EMAIL ME THIS INFO THANK YOU A MILLION .

Last edited by Tom S.; 08-31-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Clarification.
08-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
First off, welcome to the forum!

I suggest you join the forum so that you can post your questions and ask for help in the appropriate sections. Please note that this forum is made up of Pentax users and is not affiliated with Pentax in any other way.

Your local library is a good place to start to learn the basics of photo techniques. You might also look to see if there is a photo club near your location as nothing teaches better than hands on, IMHO. On line searches can also help.

The ME Super is an excellent film camera, and one I used for over twenty years before switching to digital. A PDF file of the manual that came with the ME Super can be downloaded in two parts here: ME Super

Don't expect much from the manual, other than the basics of how to operate the camera.
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a side note, but I find it funny when guests put "mr" in the title field I'll update this thread's title to reflect the content shortly.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Just a side note, but I find it funny when guests put "mr" in the title field I'll update this thread's title to reflect the content shortly.
Given the style of his typing, I believe he meant ME (the E key is right next to the R). I changed it to be more reflective of the message.

08-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No no, it's mr as in mister. I've seen it done many times before- quite funny, actually! But yes, we should change it as you suggest

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: