Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
The Happy Wanderer

k-x, changing remote shutter exposure

hi, im new to photography in general, but bought a k-x and now have a cordless remote, which i intend to use for night time and lightning shots. ive tested the remote, it works for instant snaps (click and it takes a shot). i need to know how to change the exposure so i can have the shutter stay open for longer periods, preferably - click remote to open the shutter, then click again to close it. thanks in advance for any info.

10-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For a longer exposure , you need to set your camera to "M" MANUAL ,
then set your exposure to BULB , then you can open and close the shutter using your remote.
10-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
The Happy Wanderer

thanks, ive put the camera into 'M' manual, and went into menu, went to 'C' 2, then down to 12 = remote control in bulb. mode '1' says the option i want, which is to 'push remote control release button once to start exposure and a second time to end'. with this option (1) selected i tried to take a shot with the '2' clicks to start and end the exposure, but it still takes a single shot as soon as i click the remote button. where am i going wrong?
10-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think what you need to do is set the camera on MF with the switch on the side of the camera, then with the dial, set it to bulb.

10-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
The Happy Wanderer

thanks for the replies, through them (and some experimentation lol) i was able to work it out. so if anyone else is looking for an answer to the same question i had, here's (in newby terms) how i did it;
1) go into menu --> then C-2, --> down to 12 'remote control in bulb'. --> set that option to 'mode 1'.
2) turn your dial to 'M'. (manual)
3) lower your shutter speed until you get to 30 (seconds), then lower it one more time. this will set it to 'bulb'.

test it out. you - like me, should have success! thanks all =)
11-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #6

Have to try that