Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Chris Andrews

old K-mount lense usage on K-x

I have a 28 mm f 2.8 SMC lens. whot restrictions are there on usage in a K-x digital body?S

11-17-2012, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If it is an A series lens there are no restrictions. If the lens lacks the A setting it is limited to stop down metering in M mode or shooting wide open in AV mode. Additionally it will be limited to full power flash in M mode, P-TTL requires a lens with the A setting.
11-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does the aperture ring have an A setting? If not, go to the camera menu and set it to allow aperture ring. If the lens is K-mount, you can mount it, and it will work. Just make sure it doesn't have the dreaded Ricoh pin. That thing can get stuck on your camera. But beyond that you will definitely be able to use the M mode and the green button to meter, Av mode at least for wide open shots, and any extra functionality is dependent on how modern the lens is
Just try it!
11-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter

All I use on my K-X are the Manual focus older lenses just make sure you go to the very last setting (22.Using aperture ring) in the cameras MENU and set it to (2.Permitted)
I can't remember the last time I used my AF lenses